Talk

Advanced search

Contact lenses

(8 Posts)
hayleylou Thu 28-Apr-05 08:54:42

Where do you get yours from. I have just started wearing them and wondered if there are any website etc where you can get them or is it best to go to your opitition and get them!

BubblesDeVere Thu 28-Apr-05 08:57:36

I personally wouldn't consider contact lenses from the internet, becuase I think its better to be able to have aftercare appointments etc.

I get mine from Boots Opticians. I have to have them specially made, but, if I went to specsavers then I would have to pay double, so Boots is a really good option for me.

dyzzidi Thu 28-Apr-05 09:06:19

I use the eye clinic in Manchester I would definately not order online. Your eyes have to checked and you need regular checkups at the Optician.

Ameriscot2005 Thu 28-Apr-05 09:53:40

When I wore contact lenses, I used to order online. Once you have your prescription, what's the risk?

PiccadillyCircus Thu 28-Apr-05 09:55:58

I get mine from Boots. I wouldn't want to get them from somewhere online as I get checkups every year with Boots and this is important to me (as my eyes are bad enough as it is and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to them). My prescription has changed in the 16 years I've been wearing lenses as well.

Ameriscot2005 Thu 28-Apr-05 09:57:13

must add that I wore daily disposables...

lunavix Thu 28-Apr-05 09:58:49

I wear monthly disposables, £17 delivered from eye clinic.

I'm going to change to spec savers they do the ones you leave in for 6 days, then take out for one day. Same price.

TinyGang Thu 28-Apr-05 10:14:17

I wear daily disposables and order them online from SpecSavers (good price) and am very happy.

You have to have been to a SpecSavers optician and have a contact lens checkup/consultation and also current prescription, but once all that is in place, then you can order freely online from them.

You have to see them annually (I think it's annually) to re-new the lens checkup side of things. They don't let you order indefinately from them without that; and I'm sure they'd be happy to help in between times if there was a problem.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: