Talk

Advanced search

My friend in Canada just had a baby girl - What can I send ?

(18 Posts)
Kayleigh Wed 27-Apr-05 16:53:50

I just received a lovely email from my friend in Canada who had a much longed for baby girl on Thursday. My friend is 40 and had trouble conceiving and I am just so happy for her. She sent me a couple of pictures of the baby at one day old and she is just adorable.

What can I send - and which are good websites for baby presents ? As I have two boys I just love buying pink stuff

Help me spend !

SoupDragon Wed 27-Apr-05 16:57:51

Find a Canadian site if you can as the postage is less. I did this for a friend in NZ and postage was, in fact, free. I send a fleece blanket with a kiwi on it - friends were English and due to come home to England soon after the baby was born.

gingerbear Wed 27-Apr-05 16:59:10

inch blue / daisy roots or Bobux shoes
inch-blue
bobux

hana Wed 27-Apr-05 17:01:27

was also going to suggest a canadian store - try The Bay or Sears, they both do online things. OR robeez shoes ( not sure of the website) they are Cdn made little leather shoes like bobux etc.

Cha Wed 27-Apr-05 17:17:14

The best thing I ever got was a grobag - I give them to all my friends. Check out their website www.bumpto3.co.uk

That or a baby nightgown - see

http://greenbabyco.com/acatalog/GreenBaby_More_baby_grows_and_bodysuits85.html

- it's like a babygro but it has no legs which makes it great for changing the baby in the middle of the night when you are too exhausted to fiddle with poppers and you don't want to wake the baby up too much.

golds Wed 27-Apr-05 17:25:44

If you are thinking about buying clothes, then I always send stuff from Next (my brother lives in Canada) they don't have Next out there so he wears stuff that others can't buy.

AuntyQuated Wed 27-Apr-05 18:00:24

You couls have a look here

Kayleigh Wed 27-Apr-05 18:06:59

AuntyQuated, i need a login/password on that link

NotQuiteCockney Wed 27-Apr-05 18:09:31

I find Canadian baby clothes horrid. I think they have H+M there now, and they have Gap. They don't have Monsoon (who do lovely kids clothes), I don't think they have Benetton for kids, and of course they don't have Asda/Tesco. I think Mango do good kids clothes, although I've not tried them.

Alternatively, you can buy toys at amazon, I think, or toys'r'us, online.

Kayleigh Wed 27-Apr-05 18:11:32

I quite like the idea of buying something from the UK that she can't get over there. My friend lived over here for a few years (how we met) and she loves english stuff.

Next or Monsoon are good ideas. The Monsoon girls stuff is divine. Keep 'em coming !!!

AuntyQuated Wed 27-Apr-05 18:26:10

soory...forgot that bit

ID mumsnetter
password netters

Kayleigh Wed 27-Apr-05 18:31:08

AuntyQuated get a group error message when try and login

AuntyQuated Wed 27-Apr-05 20:53:08

if you try now it may be ok...usually it just means that someone else is signed in as Mner

Frenchy72 Thu 28-Apr-05 15:37:26

I would send something from the White Company London. I received the baby bath set from a friend when my son was born and it made me very happy. No one else had thought of that and I needed it. The products have a fab smell/fragnance and the packaging is posh.
hope it helps.

Frenchy72 Thu 28-Apr-05 15:41:40

sorry, the address is:
http://www.thewhitecompany.com/category_wh.aspx?CurrentCategory=Home|Little%20White%20Company

beansmum Thu 28-Apr-05 15:46:48

the white company have some lovely babygros too here

Gillian76 Thu 28-Apr-05 15:51:45

Have you seen Shoozies? I think they are gorgeous and they will send them for you. here

Gillian76 Thu 28-Apr-05 15:53:11

That doesn't work. I wonder what I did wrong? Anyway www.shoozies.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now