Talk

Advanced search

how to keep summer hats on ds

(15 Posts)
TracyK Wed 27-Apr-05 13:22:48

I've got a couple of hats ined up for ds (13mo) - but he isn't having it! he keeps pulling them off. Any neat ideas to keep it on?
velcro? elestic?

Fimbo Wed 27-Apr-05 13:34:09

Would say velcro. Have you got the hats already? Gap have a lovely boys hat for £8.00 ready velcroed, unfortuately my ds has a large head shape and couldn't fit even the biggest size (age 2-4) - he's only 16 mths!! Eventually got one with velcro from John Lewis age 5-7 years which fits!! LOL Big heads run in my dh's family

Lucycat Wed 27-Apr-05 13:37:51

Have to agree with the Gap hats - we had to sneak them onto dd2 last summer (she was 13 mths too) if she didn't realise she had them on then we were fine, otherwise off they came. You have to be cunning or wear them down by not giving in - if it comes off then on it goes again.

Now of course she wants a hat on ALL the time, as well as her sunshade and sunglasses - she's SOOOO cool!! she wears them inside too - going for the rockstar look

TracyK Wed 27-Apr-05 13:43:32

I've got the hats already - tho may still have the tags on them - could take them back to mcare and go to gap.
Nursery reckon when he see all the others with hats on he'll be ok.

Fimbo Wed 27-Apr-05 13:47:50

My dd still pulled hers off even if others were wearing theirs.

Fimbo Wed 27-Apr-05 13:52:55

The cargo hat is what we tried for Ds but in navy

TracyK Wed 27-Apr-05 13:56:26

cool - I think I'll get a couple and also can see how they did the strap and can copy it too!

otto Wed 27-Apr-05 13:56:28

How does the velcro work? Does it stick to the hair?

otto Wed 27-Apr-05 13:58:00

How silly of me. You must mean velcro chin straps

Fimbo Wed 27-Apr-05 13:59:17

Err no, stitched to a piece of matching material

TracyK Wed 27-Apr-05 14:00:56

why can't we get gap mail order in uk - bugger!

Fimbo Wed 27-Apr-05 14:05:32

I need to go to Cambridge to get a kids Gap. The lady there told me if you see something on the website you like, as long as you have the code number, their flag ship store in London can check every branch in the UK and see if they have it in stock and will send it to you for free. I have lost the phone number now but any of the branches should have it.

TracyK Wed 27-Apr-05 14:29:32

That's good - tho do the US not have extra things we can't get eg maternity?
I've got quite a good baby gap at Milton Keynes - but so much easier if we could do it online.

Fimbo Wed 27-Apr-05 14:32:08

I know its a total pain in the butt, can't see why they can't do it myself.

TracyK Wed 27-Apr-05 14:38:54

just think how much extra sales they'd get.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now