Talk

Advanced search

ring or wrap sling?

(12 Posts)
misdee Tue 26-Apr-05 21:23:38

have been looking at slings the last few days?

are ring slings uncomfortable on one shoulder? and are wrap slings hard to 'wrap'?

bensmum3 Tue 26-Apr-05 23:44:50

Misee,
I found my ring sling very comfy when ds was little, but yes it pulled on one shoulder and twinged my side when he got heavier, I never tried the wrap slings as they do look difficult, I use an ergo and couldnt recommend it enough, used it from 3 months on the front and still use it now with ds (22 months) on my back. You can get a newborn insert as well for littlies, but I didnt try it.
I could lend you a ring sling to try and there are a couple of places where you can hire an ergo to see if you like it.

misdee Wed 27-Apr-05 07:11:26

please can a borrow a ring sling. am a bit worried about buying one as i have a few nexk twinges becaus eof the car crash last year and dont want to put too much pressure on.

Papillon Wed 27-Apr-05 07:55:56

A vote for the wrap sling... more verstile imo... and not difficult at all once you know how... I reckon it would less pressure on your shoulder... I have broken my left collar bone and shoulder. The distribution over both shoulders that the wrap gives helps.

LeahE Wed 27-Apr-05 09:12:55

I find ring slings very uncomfortable after a short period of time. The wrap slings (Hug-a-bub / Moby) were very comfortable, though - a bit of a faff to put on and take off but not too bad when you get used to it.

misdee Wed 27-Apr-05 09:26:05

the wrapping techniques, cam they be used for any type of wrap sling? and are they good for the more 'curvacous' woman?

want to go into town, and i can walk it in 5 minutes, it it involves going up steps the railway bridge, and i can carry the e3 up, with a wrap i could take the maclaren buggy for dd2, and she can walk up the steps.

Cristina7 Wed 27-Apr-05 09:27:15

I use a pouch sling and find it comfy. DD is only 8 weeks so don't know how it will be when she gets heavier. A Wilkinet is good too (again, at least at this stage).

misdee Wed 27-Apr-05 09:28:27

i have a kipling, looks good but i've grown since dd2, and its very tight round my back.

melsy Wed 27-Apr-05 09:33:36

I likeee wrap slings , will def get one for next bubs. Paps showed me with dd when she stayed here last year. My dd loved it and its good for me as have bad back , so had good distribution , and you can have really wide bits on the shoulders.

misdee Wed 27-Apr-05 09:34:56

are they easy to tie by yourself, or do u need extra hands?

melsy Wed 27-Apr-05 09:36:06

initially yes , as had to be shown what to do. I think youd get used to it though.

bensmum3 Wed 27-Apr-05 19:55:34

misdee, If you still want to try the ring sling cat me your address and I will pop it in the post in the morning,
earthkind babies do sling and carrier hire, they also hire out the ergo I mentioned.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: