Advanced search

rechargable batteries for digital camera.

(4 Posts)
misdee Mon 25-Apr-05 21:56:07

which are good ones? i am clueless as you can tell.

swiperfox Mon 25-Apr-05 22:02:26

We use Uniross 1300 - they seem to be really good - even when they are too low to run anything else they work in the camera!!

bargainhunter Tue 26-Apr-05 21:52:49

Make sure they are the Ni-MH (Nickel Metal Hydride) type NOT the Ni-Cd (Nickel Cadmium) type. The Ni-Cd types are older technology and can have problems with the "Memory Effect" which means they can lose their maximum storage capacity if you charge them when they are part run down. Ni-MH don't suffer from this.

Always go for the highest storage capacity eg. 1300mAh. This indicates how much charge they can hold, the higher the figure the more storage and therefore the longer they last between charges.

If you don't mind shopping online, I can recommend looking through the wares of

I've bought many rechargeable batteries from them, and chargers too. Most of the chargers they sell are a fraction of the price you'd pay in the likes of Dixons, Currys etc. so even with the postage added on they can still work out a lot cheaper. They also sell some neat battery storage cases too (I have many of these an cannot rate them highly enough). These will keep your batteries safe from damage and also from accidental discharge (if kept in a pocket with keys/coins).

bargainhunter Tue 26-Apr-05 21:59:05

Sorry that link failed try this one

There are 3 pages of battery bits

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now