Talk

Advanced search

Baby Walkers ?

(5 Posts)
poppy101 Mon 25-Apr-05 20:28:06

Am I right in thinking that the baby walkers have been banned in Canada ? Does anyone know about this, and know where I can obtain extra information ?

Or am I just dreaming that I have heard about it or not ?

Aragon Mon 25-Apr-05 20:51:49

Hi Poppy,

Don't know about a ban in Canada but they're definitelt not recommended by physios or by the Royal Society for Prevention of Accidents. Don't have any direct link but it might be worth putting in "baby walker" and "RSPOA" into Google.

flamesparrow Mon 25-Apr-05 20:53:08

Is there seriously an RSPOA???

Aragon Mon 25-Apr-05 21:02:03

Yep! Its here

Carameli Tue 26-Apr-05 08:33:21

Hi Poppy,

Like you I think I heard something about a ban in Canada and had read the RSPOA thing about them so we never bought one.

However a lovely lady gave my mum one. We let our dd use it a little bit as the smiles of delight when she was able to move around a little on her own were just so delightful. But there was always someone constantly with her when she did. It was amazing how fast she could move across the kitchen floor so I am not suprised there are so many accidents with them.
I also have to say that it would not do much to help them walk at all, she spent most of her time on her tip toes.

When she started crusing a bit we got her the vtech first steps walker, a push along walker with a removable activity centre. This is brilliant and a definite success. She walked with her full foot not just tip toes. As I said she is 18mnths now so walking fine but still loves to push it around the floor for fun. The activity centre is lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now