Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used a "snuggle nest" for co-sleeping ?

(18 Posts)
hub2dee Mon 25-Apr-05 18:20:24

Hi all,

It's a portable little 'sleeping area,' part-walled, which is designed to allow safer co-sleeping (we're both, ahem, generously proportioned) and wonder if it sounds like a great idea or a pile of pants.

Here's a link on Amazon

or another one (same product) here .

TIA for any comments / sugegstions.

lockets Mon 25-Apr-05 18:24:11

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Mon 25-Apr-05 18:24:14

think its a waste of money h2d, you won't squash your baby because your instincts take over

if you like the thought of co-sleeping (its wonderful), you might be interested in this book three in a bed

hugs to wifey & bean

Twiglett Mon 25-Apr-05 18:24:55

to begin with mine slept on my chest TBH, then when they slept in the middle of us I tended to sleep with my arm round them

Pinotmum Mon 25-Apr-05 18:25:54

Twiglett, same here

hub2dee Mon 25-Apr-05 18:35:49

Thanks marmitey one. Will add to my (expanding) reading list.

You sound like you kind of lay vaguely still at night (arm across babe in scene of domestic bliss)... dwifey and I tend to toss and turn / move around a bit more than that...

dwifey asks ask the Moo. Do you have a pox-free house yet ?

hub2dee Mon 25-Apr-05 18:38:05

Woops... asks after the Moo.

Twiglett Mon 25-Apr-05 18:46:26

can you do that thing where you go to sleep thinking of the time you have to get up and you can actually wake yourself up

when you have your baby in bed with you its almost the same, you just don't move around as much

of course you can't co-sleep if have taken drugs or any alcohol as it dulls your instincts, but those parental instincts are huge and take over your unconscious being

as for books, the only ones I like are

The Baby Whisperer (for the chart that descibes how to read different infant signs)

What to expect the first year (because you can dip in and out of it)

hana Mon 25-Apr-05 18:47:04

they do look a bit gimicy - you DO always know they are in the bed - we coslept with dd1 who is 3 now, and do it now with dd2 who is just a few months old. She's never in the middle, always on my side. do a search, there should be a few thread about the how-to's of cosleeping

Twiglett Mon 25-Apr-05 18:47:22

and Moo is still a little poxy but is fine

ja9 Mon 25-Apr-05 19:04:40

FWIW i think it looks really good ...

hub2dee Mon 25-Apr-05 19:30:16

Just bought The Baby Whisperer from bapussmice ! I'd heard some mixed stuff about What to Expect, but will have a sniff.

Glad the Moo is shaking off the marmitey scabs.

Glad a few people think the product looks interesting. What's also nice is that is folds up so can be used as a portable sleeping area thingy.... I know, I know, everyone's gonna just tell me you dump 'em on a sofa / blanket on the floor etc.... but I could see a snuggle nest being useful while out and about.... possibly... erm... maybe not... Oh, I don't know...

Tissy Mon 25-Apr-05 20:08:44

hub2dee, we had a bedside cot, which meant that dd had her own "area", but was still very nearby and handy for feeding! When she was needing fewer midnight feasts we moved the cot away from the bed, but still in the room, and around 8 months old into her own room.

hub2dee Mon 25-Apr-05 20:24:37

Hi Tissy, we were looking specifically at the dropside crib and / or dropside cot with adjustable height mattress etc. so it can be pulled right up to bed... it's just that so many people post that they co-sleep that I was wondering if this little bed thing might be an ace idea...

Hmmm...

misdee Mon 25-Apr-05 20:26:52

when dd3 sleeps in my bed, she sleeps in my arms or to the side of me, (i have my boob out for feeding) so she can latch on easily. very very handy. didnt do it with dd1+2, as we only had a double bed then, now we have a kingsize i find it easier as we're not fighting for space.

misdee Mon 25-Apr-05 20:27:50

also have a bedside cot but cant set it up in my room as the room isnt big enough. but it is fab.

hub2dee Tue 26-Apr-05 15:15:16

bumping for any other pearls of wisdom.

scotlou Tue 26-Apr-05 15:20:42

Think it looks handy for travelling with - I hate travel cots for babies as they seem very hard and the baby is practically on the floor. I don't know if I'd have found it useful for co sleeping as I usually slept with one arm under the baby and my boob in his / her mouth!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: