Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

cars that fit 3 car seats in back seats (ideally in a row)

(16 Posts)
cocoliver Sun 24-Apr-05 19:29:48

Am looking to change cars since we have no 3 appearing soon and will have 3 children under 3 and a half. Looking at the Toyota Previa, not keen on 4x4's but wonder if anyone has any personal recommendations or any negative comments on different options. This would be really helpful as I am feeling a bit lost as to what might work best (and I would never put any of them in a car seat in the front).

maddiemo Sun 24-Apr-05 19:33:25

The only car which we could get three car seats in a row was a Mercedes 230. We went on to have a ds4 and then got a Previa. I have been very pleased with it. Very reliable and spacious.

Nemo1977 Sun 24-Apr-05 19:36:49

We have renault scenic which has 3 seperate seats in the back so would fit all the car seats. Might be worth a look

pabla Sun 24-Apr-05 19:37:41

We have a Honda Accord and it was fine when no. 3 was in a baby seat. However it is a real tight squeeze now that he is in the next stage seat, even though the older two are just in boosters now. If we change our car again we will probably have to go for some sort of people carrier I think. So if you are going for a normal car rather than a people carrier, i would check out the space with a second stage seat as well as a baby seat.

misdee Sun 24-Apr-05 19:46:30

just got a nissan tino. small MPV, looks slightly bigger than normnal car. can fit 3 car seats in. two high back boosters and one baby seat. have also checked it can fit 3 high back boosters in.

LIZS Sun 24-Apr-05 19:46:31

Nemo, I found that the middle seat belt of our Scenic (old style) wasn't long enough to fit a baby seat on nirmal routing though. You could squeeze a second stage and 2 boosters, ot tow secodn stage and one booster, across but bear in mind that the middle seat isn't full width. Also the buckles are sunk in between the seats and a pig to fiddle with for booster seats, especially in the dark and rain !

Nemo1977 Sun 24-Apr-05 19:49:42

O right lizs i just thought they were all the same size. They look it...lol TBH havent had to use 3 seats so just thought could be worth looking at

LIZS Sun 24-Apr-05 19:50:28

Perhaps I should add, in Scenic's defence, that there is so much space in the rear that you can easily get in yourself to buckle the seats up and you can stagger the seat positions so that access to the middle one and the buckles is easier.

Yorkiegirl Sun 24-Apr-05 19:51:13

Message withdrawn

zebraX Sun 24-Apr-05 20:23:46

We have 3 children age 10 months (still in infant carrier, just) to 4 yrs (about to shift into a 15 kg+ seat). We hire a car once a month or so.... Estates, saloons, Astras, they have all been ok for us.

milward Sun 24-Apr-05 20:30:38

Have a renault scenic which fits a maxi-cosi age 9months-4yrs seat & two booster seats in the back. Before I had a maxi-cosi stage one seat, the toddler seat and a booster seat. Good boot space to fit in pushchair & shopping. Expecting no. 4 in september & we're getting a renault grand scenic to fit 7. Would recommend taking your car seats to the garages and checking how they fit into the back of various cars.

cocoliver Sun 24-Apr-05 21:47:20

thanks for that, I am quite surprised that some have managed to fit 3 proper car seats (not boosters) in one row..unfortunately will not fit in our current Audi so will have to go (it is a smaller one).

Evesmama Sun 24-Apr-05 21:51:07

multipla's???

pixiefish Sun 24-Apr-05 21:52:41

landrover discovery

jambo1707 Sun 24-Apr-05 21:53:46

we have a mondeo lx, we hav 3 under 3 and all seat are in a row in the back

works for us

Tommy Sun 24-Apr-05 21:56:14

We have a Citroen Berlingo which is not very cool but does have a huge boot, slidey doors and you can fit 3 car seats across the back seats - we've done it often!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now