Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Estate / MPV cars with flat boot opening / loadbay?

(7 Posts)
Fodders Sat 23-Apr-05 18:57:13

We're planning to trade in our diesel Peugeot 307 estate later this year.

We really want another estate / MPV with a totally flat and wide boot loading bay ie. you don't have to drop the pushchair / travel cot into the boot, you can just slide it into the boot over the bumper.

This design of boot is rarer than we'd hoped for. I'm hoping that I don't have to drag round all the local car dealers opening boots. So what other models of car have this feature?

All help appreciated, ta!

iota Sat 23-Apr-05 19:00:41

my passat estate is pretty flat - managed to slide a washing machine into it - not really the sort of thing you'd want to be hoisting into the air is it?

JanH Sat 23-Apr-05 19:02:05

Zafira's is flat, and DH used to have a Peugeot 406 estate and that was too (it's great on picnics, you can sit in it!)

RTKangaMummy Sat 23-Apr-05 19:03:29

Our VOLVO XC70 has flat boot floor with mat with flaps so you don't get muggy knees from bumper IYSWIM.

JanH Sat 23-Apr-05 19:04:49

You could email Honest John and tell him what size you want and how much you want to spend, he should be able to tell you.

Fio2 Sat 23-Apr-05 19:20:22

i have never tried it our omega or disco, what am i missing?

bran Sat 23-Apr-05 19:29:02

There's no lip on the boot of my BMW 3-series touring, and the seats fold totally flat, but the boot door doesn't quite go the full width of the boot, like this .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: