Talk

Advanced search

Estate / MPV cars with flat boot opening / loadbay?

(7 Posts)
Fodders Sat 23-Apr-05 18:57:13

We're planning to trade in our diesel Peugeot 307 estate later this year.

We really want another estate / MPV with a totally flat and wide boot loading bay ie. you don't have to drop the pushchair / travel cot into the boot, you can just slide it into the boot over the bumper.

This design of boot is rarer than we'd hoped for. I'm hoping that I don't have to drag round all the local car dealers opening boots. So what other models of car have this feature?

All help appreciated, ta!

iota Sat 23-Apr-05 19:00:41

my passat estate is pretty flat - managed to slide a washing machine into it - not really the sort of thing you'd want to be hoisting into the air is it?

JanH Sat 23-Apr-05 19:02:05

Zafira's is flat, and DH used to have a Peugeot 406 estate and that was too (it's great on picnics, you can sit in it!)

RTKangaMummy Sat 23-Apr-05 19:03:29

Our VOLVO XC70 has flat boot floor with mat with flaps so you don't get muggy knees from bumper IYSWIM.

JanH Sat 23-Apr-05 19:04:49

You could email Honest John and tell him what size you want and how much you want to spend, he should be able to tell you.

Fio2 Sat 23-Apr-05 19:20:22

i have never tried it our omega or disco, what am i missing?

bran Sat 23-Apr-05 19:29:02

There's no lip on the boot of my BMW 3-series touring, and the seats fold totally flat, but the boot door doesn't quite go the full width of the boot, like this .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now