Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sand Pit Recommendations Please.

(16 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Sat 23-Apr-05 08:42:28

Want to buy dds a new sandpit. Could anyone recommend a good one please?
Would like to get one with a good lid/cover to try and protect the sand in the winter and wet weather.
TIA

vwvic Sat 23-Apr-05 08:55:15

We have the ELC table one. It is split into two halves, and comes with an elasticated lid and lots of toys as well. It also only takes one bag of sand to fill it, so it's not too bad to replenish the sand each year. I like it because the kids don't actually have to sit in sand to play with it, so it minimises mess. The cover doesn't look like it will stand up to much, but ours has lasted very well with no leaks for 3 years, and we live in peninne yorkshire- plenty of rain to put it to the test!

Yorkiegirl Sat 23-Apr-05 08:57:49

Message withdrawn

blueteddy Sat 23-Apr-05 09:48:19

We have a stand up one from Tesco, which doubles as a water tray.
It only cost £10, but it is a pain because the legs don't click into place, so every time you move it the legs fall off!!!
We are now very tempted by the gorgeous wooden boat sandpit in the Great Little Trading catalouge.
It has a canopy & a wheel for them to play with.
The down side is the price - £149!!!

vickiyumyum Sat 23-Apr-05 10:05:19

the little tikes turtle sandpit is good. it is cheap, has a lid and easy to move around the garden to stop getting patchy grass.
toys r us do a good selection of similar sandpits, different animals for different sizes, i think theres a turtle, ladybird, hippo etc

anchovies Sat 23-Apr-05 10:10:36

I have ordered the tchibo one that everyone was talking about on here. Its £50, wooden, with a lid that folds down into benches either side and with a canopy over the top. Can only see it in the catalogue but it looks like a bargain.

KatieMac Sat 23-Apr-05 20:55:58

Don't buy the lovely B & Q one with the canopy...you'll get it home and in small print in the instructions it says the canopy isn't waterproof....what's the point of that?

bossykate Sat 23-Apr-05 21:14:51

recent thread on a tchibo one

mine has arrived but not yet assembled.

pixel Sat 23-Apr-05 22:51:55

Anchovies, will you stop copying everything I do?! Our Tchibo sandpit has arrived and is awaiting assembly. Might even be done THIS summer!

SoupDragon Sat 23-Apr-05 22:55:00

I started the tchibo sandpit craze so you're all copying meeeeeeeeeee!

SPARKLER1 Sat 23-Apr-05 23:10:20

I put a comment on the Tchibo thread. I initially thought it was a great idea but didn't appeal to me not having a base to it.

bossykate Sat 23-Apr-05 23:11:19

hardly any of them come with bases...

bossykate Sat 23-Apr-05 23:13:55

and thank v. much, soupie - can't wait to see how it goes. haven't bought the sand and membrane yet though!

SoupDragon Sun 24-Apr-05 12:49:02

I don't have the sand or membrane yet either

Sparkler, the weed control membrane you put down is the base. It allows the sand to drain nicely.

hub2dee Sun 24-Apr-05 13:28:40

Soupy, may you please bring something tasty down to your air-raid shelter ? dw and beanette are getting hungry.

SPARKLER1 Sun 24-Apr-05 13:38:38

Thanks everyone. We went to toys r us yesterday to have a browse at their selection. Not a lot to chose from really. We ended up getting roped into buying a frame with two swings and a double swing on. DDs can both play with it - whereas we only had a single swing before. It was a bargain so we couldn't turn it down.
Have decided to keep the sandpit we have already for now - it seems just as good as any of the others we have seen elsewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now