Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you use washing powder tablets/capsules?

(9 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Sat 23-Apr-05 08:36:41

Have always been a powder and softener type of a person. Was thinking of trying the tablets/capsules for a change. Do they contain fabric conditioner or do you have to add it seperately?
Sorry if I sound thick - but never used them before.

misdee Sat 23-Apr-05 08:45:11

some contain both, most dont hth.

SPARKLER1 Sat 23-Apr-05 08:49:23

I have had a quick glance at the boxes when I've been shopping but there was nothing obvious to say whether or not they contained softener. Maybe I didn't look properly.

Yorkiegirl Sat 23-Apr-05 08:51:13

Message withdrawn

iota Sat 23-Apr-05 08:51:31

I use Persil non bio - haven't used fabric conditioner since ds's were born

iota Sat 23-Apr-05 08:51:56

and I only use one tablet on light loads

flamesparrow Sat 23-Apr-05 08:58:52

I switched to powder fairly recently to save money (and it is )... the tablets you HAVE to use the amount they give you, but half the time you don't need that much.

Most don't contain softner though.

Oh, and be careful... some of the capsule ones aren't great with colours. I had a pair of purple trousers that were so old, no colour came out, I used the capsules, and ended up with all my lilacs the same colour

flamesparrow Sat 23-Apr-05 08:58:52

I switched to powder fairly recently to save money (and it is )... the tablets you HAVE to use the amount they give you, but half the time you don't need that much.

Most don't contain softner though.

Oh, and be careful... some of the capsule ones aren't great with colours. I had a pair of purple trousers that were so old, no colour came out, I used the capsules, and ended up with all my lilacs the same colour

Nemo1977 Sat 23-Apr-05 09:18:13

We use the tablets but i use seperate fabric conditioner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now