Talk

Advanced search

yet another P&T dbble buggy Question... sorry! how do you take baby out, with older baby on top?

(29 Posts)
champs Sat 23-Apr-05 02:53:02

do you have to take seat off first? can you slide younger baby out. can older baby stay in toddler seat? can OB sleep whilst in TS??

bobbybob Sat 23-Apr-05 07:22:31

I'm sure someone who has one will come on. But I think it looks like an instant slipped disc getting the baby out. My ds wouldn't sleep in the Toddler seat, but he is fussy.

Hermione1 Sat 23-Apr-05 07:24:41

What sort of buggy are you talking about a tandum??

wheresmyfroggy Sat 23-Apr-05 07:35:32

Baby can be taken out while older baby is still in toddler seat

older baby can sleep in toddler seat, but not as easily as normal seat cos it is fairly upright

champs Sat 23-Apr-05 22:47:22

bobbybob -- it doesn't look too comfy does it? I wonder if it can reclinf when it is at back.

Hermione1 -- it is the one where seat is under or ontop.

wheresmyfroggy -- how? do you slide baby out the back? bit confused really have seen it in the flesh but not with kiddies in it close up.
does the toddler seat recline when under the seat?

wheresmyfroggy Sat 23-Apr-05 22:52:09

There is space to get to the baby through the back under the toddler seat, the toddler seat doesn't recline until you have it set up for two older babies

PuffTheMagicDragon Sat 23-Apr-05 22:54:03

I'm sure misdee has one of these. They look brill.

champs Sat 23-Apr-05 23:48:51

wheresmyfroggy -- ah! can the toddler at back reach the floor and/ or wheel?

hi puff!! I am very tempted, was set to buy it but then started having doubts abd looked into side by side. but am tempted again.

wheresmyfroggy Sat 23-Apr-05 23:54:40

Sorry champs haven't used it for two toddlers yet (dd1 18 months and dd2 12 days)

champs Sat 23-Apr-05 23:58:24

oh, do you not put toddler in back? is there a reason for this? sorry bout all the q's!!

wheresmyfroggy Sun 24-Apr-05 00:06:46

When you have toddler and small baby, small baby goes in back and toddler on top in toddler seat. when baby gets a bit older (3 months i think) it can go on top and toddler seat moves down to bottom

PuffTheMagicDragon Sun 24-Apr-05 09:32:25

Champs, put a call out for misdee on here, she really likes hers.

lockets Sun 24-Apr-05 09:41:13

Message withdrawn

champs Mon 25-Apr-05 18:18:15

ty lockets!! I am so tempted. do you think the rice is justified? I may start saving as I really can't bear the thought of side by side. so hard to get on bus and then there's the problem of aisles in shops.

puff, will do. thanks

lockets Mon 25-Apr-05 18:19:22

Message withdrawn

moondog Mon 25-Apr-05 18:21:01

I've got one! Misdee and I discuss them extensively. You can put the baby in with the child still in the seat. getting him/her out is never a problem, but as they get bigger, it is easier to put the baby in before the toddler gets in.

misdee Mon 25-Apr-05 18:22:39

oooooo get one. i just slide dd3 in and out. if using it wioth just dd3, i find the cocoon excellant for taking her out and not disturbing her. shame she'll outgrow it soon.

moondog Mon 25-Apr-05 18:23:50

Glad you and yourP&T are still enjoying a meaningful relationship misdee.

misdee Mon 25-Apr-05 18:24:45

hehe. like i said, it gets used every day. tho am worrying that dd2 will wee on her seat (the joys of potty training)

lockets Mon 25-Apr-05 18:27:21

Message withdrawn

moondog Mon 25-Apr-05 18:32:24

misdee Mon 25-Apr-05 18:34:39

loads of people comment on it when its used as a baby and toddler. i'm not used to the attention

moondog Mon 25-Apr-05 18:41:03

Same here. Can you imagine the mini riot it causes on the streets of Eastern Turkey?! Hell, never mind Turkey,mine is the only one I've ever seen in north Wales!! When ds was newborn and the two of them were in it, people would say 'Where's the baby?' then have a fit when I turned it round.

champs Mon 25-Apr-05 18:49:07

thanks misdee and moondog, dont think dh will thank you tho
is it heavy? does it fold up umbrella style? thank God for mumsnet, shop was abs useless couldn't ansa my Q's and put me right off.

misdee Mon 25-Apr-05 18:51:13

its light to push, but heavey to carry IYKWIM. its easy enough to fold down, but not an unbrella fold. takes up the space of say, a graco pushchair in the boot. its small for what is essentially a double buggy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now