Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wooden eat at the table type highchairs e.g stokke

(10 Posts)
LadyLou Fri 22-Apr-05 23:28:39

Have mothercare Atlanta highchair which i hate as ds is a big boy and keep having to shoehorn him in bcos the tray doesn't come off. Due to small kitchen have decided to go for a chair that means he can sit at the table with us, the babydan is the wrong shape at the top for my table and the stokke is just flipping expensive! Anyone tried the Hauck one you can get off ebay?

Davros Sat 23-Apr-05 11:57:08

I use a Handysitt. We have a "breakfast bar" type thing and, although I've got TWO triptraps, they are too low for it, grrrr. The handysitt works well although she can push against the table if she gets cross so you have to be vigilant if there's any trouble and you can't take the straps off to clean them and they do get grubby. If not a Handysitt maybe something similar?

blueteddy Sat 23-Apr-05 12:47:22

What about one of those table top highchairs that attatch to the side of the table.
They are only £25 in mothercare.
We have just bought one for my ds (2) for keeping at my Mum's house & it's great!
It is very secure, has a full harness & so compact, you just screw it onto the table while you are using it Then it can be put away in it's box until you need it for the next meal!
My ds loves it & we wish we had just bought one of these for our house, rather than having a great big highchair which is a nightmare to keep clean!

Hulababy Sat 23-Apr-05 12:55:31

Beware the ones that grip onto the table. If you have a wood table they can leave big dents in the wood

We have a Tripp Trapp and love it

Nemo1977 Sat 23-Apr-05 12:58:37

I bought one of ebay not a hauck but it is woodne and the tray clips back so that ds can sit at the table. IT was only about £30 brand new. It is brilliant and sits my ds comfortably.

nailpolish Sat 23-Apr-05 12:59:34

what about a booster seat if you have a spare chair at the table?

Nemo1977 Sat 23-Apr-05 13:02:44

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2986&item=4374791530&rd=1

sorry cant do links
but thats exactly like ours and the tray flips back so it can be a chair to the table.

bea Sat 23-Apr-05 19:32:09

i love the handysitt! fantastic to clean... sits right up to the table and very very portable.... definitely my vote!

pixel Sat 23-Apr-05 23:05:31

We've got some chair 'risers' that we got from GLTC. They raise the whole chair about 11cm instead of having a booster seat. We have been using them for years with no problems whatsoever.

Pruni Sat 23-Apr-05 23:08:14

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now