Talk

Advanced search

UV Swimsuits/shirts for adults - anyone wear them?

(8 Posts)
jodee Thu 21-Apr-05 23:52:54

I'm thinking of getting one for myself for the summer on holiday, I've seen a couple of sites tht sell these, along with the children's UV swimwear. I was just wondering if any adults on here wore them and what you thought of them?

bossykate Thu 21-Apr-05 23:57:09

i envy you seaside dwellers not much advice to offer, except the australian site/mnetters might be a good source of info.

jodee Fri 22-Apr-05 00:09:56

Hi bk (glad you reverted back, btw, you don't know how long it took me to work out you were SQ!) 'Twas actually for our holiday to the Canaries; you'd think I'd be content with having a beach on my doorstep, but have your cake and eat it ...

How's it going back at work, glad your dd is settled at nursery.

bossykate Fri 22-Apr-05 00:46:09

working is rubbish! enjoy your holiday

Ameriscot2005 Fri 22-Apr-05 10:44:41

I used to wear my UV swimsuit (rash shirt and cycling shorts from Oz) when we lived in the US and went to the pool club every day in the summer. I was the only adult that wore one, but I didn't feel embarrassed among all those fools getting sunburn or using gallons of sunscreen. My kids had theirs too, and there were very few other kids (all foreign) who had similar.

The kit is very good for breastfeeding in, btw.

jodee Fri 22-Apr-05 18:34:25

Thanks Ameriscot, where did you get yours from, are different brands basicaly the same?

(Think I will give the breastfeeding thing a miss!)

Ameriscot2005 Fri 22-Apr-05 18:48:01

I got mine from Stingray but there are lots of companies that do these. I found this one by Googling. They were very good at following up with the order and shipping promptly.

jodee Sat 23-Apr-05 14:20:31

Thanks for that, Ameriscot - check out the leopardprint outfits! (Like them, don't think I'm brave enough...) Some nice stuff there tho', they might do the trick - as well as the UV factor I was looking for something trendy but I want to wear something that covers my back (acne, yuk!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now