Talk

Advanced search

Cord Carpet......................Opinions please

(18 Posts)
nutcracker Thu 21-Apr-05 20:33:18

Is it really crap and not worth even considering or perfectly fine until we can get better ????

Basically 2 out of 3 of the kids rooms are now finnished (as in decorated), but non have any carpet.

Our budget for carpet is as little as poss really and carpet right have cord carpet for 1.99 a square thingy bob at the mo.

So should we just have that for now until we can aford better ?????

lavenderrr Thu 21-Apr-05 20:35:25

what's the alternative, floorboards?

nutcracker Thu 21-Apr-05 20:36:47

Erm well yes, or a much longer wait for carpet.

We would put underlay under it which would help i think. Would mean all 3 could be carpeted at the same time and i would probably cry with joy.

Hermione1 Thu 21-Apr-05 20:38:42

with kids i think cord carpet isn't that bad. its hardwearing, and you could always get a few rugs to scatter around? I am gonna put cord carpet tiles down in my ds bedroom, he has floorboeards at the min, because if they get ruined its not the end of the world.

nutcracker Thu 21-Apr-05 20:45:10

Yes very true Hermione1. At least if they get wrecked i won't be cursing myself for having spent sooooo much money.

miggy Thu 21-Apr-05 20:45:34

Its really fine and will look great as long as you get it laid properly with underlay. We have a flat at work that we did with this as a short term measure. In fact my parents have now lived there almost a year and the carpet still looks fine.
Dh has it in his office conversion as thats a big room and the building works had eaten the budget! Always looks crappy because he never bothers to hoover but when I can be bothered it hoovers up well.

Hermione1 Thu 21-Apr-05 20:46:10

thats what i think, and then when you've got the spare money or whatever you can always replace them, could be just a temporary measure for now?

nikkisherri Thu 21-Apr-05 20:49:36

Hi, hope you don't mind me gatecrashing, cord carpet might be cheap but I dont think its worth it as it wears out very fast, why not get a big rug until you have enough for something better

nutcracker Thu 21-Apr-05 20:50:55

Right ok think i'll definatly go take a look at it. Can't wait until they are all totally finnished

Hermione1 Thu 21-Apr-05 20:51:46

i had a cord carpet when i was young and it lasted for years. and known people who've had it and it lasts for ages. i find the fluffy ones all the pile comes out of it.

nutcracker Thu 21-Apr-05 20:52:58

Well the thing is Nikki, most of the rugs would be much the same price for the size i'd need i think.

Plus tbh i am sick of not having any carpet in their rooms, it just looks such a mess.

Oh and don't apologise for butting in, thats what your meant to do

nutcracker Thu 21-Apr-05 20:53:25

gatecrashing not butting in DOH !

Hermione1 Thu 21-Apr-05 20:54:52

if it keeps there tottsys warm in the winter? better than bare floorboeards.

hey nutcracker do you know charliecat??

nutcracker Thu 21-Apr-05 20:56:49

LOL this will take some explaining.
I don't know her no, but we discovered on here that we both have the same friend who we both got to know through the penpal pages of Mother and Baby magazine.

Hermione1 Thu 21-Apr-05 20:57:50

oh i remember her telling me. charliecat is my best friend. i used to live next door to her. i used to be soulfly on here about a year ago.

nutcracker Thu 21-Apr-05 20:58:57

Ahhhh right i see.......small world

Hermione1 Thu 21-Apr-05 21:00:07

too true.

Anyways gotta go, 'two mothers ' is on now, and i can'tsee the screen anymore my eyes have gone all blurry. night nightxxx

nutcracker Thu 21-Apr-05 21:01:21

Nighty night xxxxxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now