Talk

Advanced search

Where can I get a small brush for DS?

(13 Posts)
PiccadillyCircus Thu 21-Apr-05 13:36:13

DS (17 months) loves sweeping. He does like the dustpan and brush but is determined to use my big brush and is frustrated when it won't work.

Do Mothercare have them? Have looked on the website and there aren't any but there may be in real life. Maybe ELC does them - I shall look there.

Toys like that often seem to be for 3 years and up - I wonder why.

Fimbo Thu 21-Apr-05 13:38:04

My dd had a set from ELC, that contained a long handled brush and a dustpan and brush, mind you she is 6 now, so it was a long time ago.......

PiccadillyCircus Thu 21-Apr-05 13:39:14

That sounds good. Will have a look at their website.

Pamina3 Thu 21-Apr-05 13:40:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

anchovies Thu 21-Apr-05 13:41:40

ELC and toys r us both have them, I've got a little cleaner too!

Fimbo Thu 21-Apr-05 13:41:56

here it is-still the same as my dd had all those years ago!!

Beansmum Thu 21-Apr-05 13:42:01

You can get definitely still get them from the ELC £8 I think, bought one for a friend recently

Fimbo Thu 21-Apr-05 13:42:46

Should have said - you need to scroll to the bottom of the page.

PiccadillyCircus Thu 21-Apr-05 13:44:13

Ooh - had a look and it looks lovely. Why is it for age 3 and up I wonder. Suppose he could bash himself in the eye but he's in much more danger of doing damage with my brush.

Not that I do that my sweeping. But it is one of DS's favourite things.

Fimbo Thu 21-Apr-05 13:46:48

TBH, PC my dd had it from about 18mths, as long as you keep watch on him it should be ok. You could always put the long handled brush and pan away for when he is older and let him use the dustpan and brush. My ds is 16 mths but seems to get more enjoyment from toys for an older age group.

Nemo1977 Thu 21-Apr-05 13:47:29

I got an elc one for my son for his first birthday and it does say 3 p[lus but i am not too sure why. DS loves his and is constantly 'cleaning' as i type he is mopping the patio windows..lol

PiccadillyCircus Thu 21-Apr-05 13:51:34

It's definitely a long brush he wants - I bought an extra dustpan and brush so he has his own one of those anyway.

Just looked on the toysrus website and there is a home cleaning trolley there. Broom, mop, bucket with wringer, dustpan and waste bag. And would fit its vacuum cleaner as well.

Decisions decisions. If DS ever decides to wake up I think we will go on a broom hunting expedition .

Fimbo Thu 21-Apr-05 13:56:30

I would go for the Toys r Us one. Better value at £12.99, especially if he already has a dustpan and brush anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now