Talk

Advanced search

Belts - Can you still get the 70's/80' elasticated ones??

(9 Posts)
fordywastaylor Fri 27-Mar-09 18:04:40

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place - please redirect me if not!! Can anyone help? I just hate the webbed belts that seem to come with any trouser item of boys clothing these days, you know the ones with a double brass D ring! I am forever chasing my little boy in attempt to fasten them. My husband and I were being nostalgic and wondering if you can still get the belts that were one piece of elastic with a "S" shaped buckle. Not sure if I am describing them that well but cast your minds back! He is 2 by the way.....

MummyDoIt Fri 27-Mar-09 18:13:54

Yes, DS1 has two of them. We got them from a local clothing shop but John Lewis have them and Adams used to.

Macdog Fri 27-Mar-09 18:18:56

Snake belts!

M&S have them, got some in our local childrenswear shop too

Macdog Fri 27-Mar-09 18:21:03

some here

fordywastaylor Fri 27-Mar-09 18:32:14

ooooh I am so excited now! Yes snake belts, I knew they must have a name. Am I alone with the webbed ones? I just have loads of them in DS drawer, and can never get them to fit, hence his trousers always look too long...thanks for this everyone x

Macdog Fri 27-Mar-09 19:13:10

I hate webbing belts too - they just don't work.

And they're a complete faff

Snake belts rock grin

frogs Fri 27-Mar-09 19:20:45

JOhn lewis have them. Traditional boys/mens' outfitters probably will too. Boden did them for a while, but probably don't now they've gone all trendy.

Cocogarden Fri 26-Jun-09 10:38:41

I don't like those I find the end of the S digs in when they're playing.
I tried stretch belts on google and found that Hold them up uses a bottle opener buckle all rounded nice and confortable.

maxybrown Tue 30-Jun-09 08:47:42

They have them at my local market too, and braces. I'm happy to pick any up for anyone should they need them. Cute too grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now