Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

stair runner or carpet?

(7 Posts)
hana Wed 20-Apr-05 18:11:20

just wanted some opinions please!
We did a loft extension last year and are looking to get the stairs carpeted ( and the old stairs recarpeted along with landings etc) Went to a carpet place today for quotes, told bloke what I wanted and he said that stair runners are v v old fashioned!! Is that true? I thought they were kinda retro and coming back in? Really like the idea of a runner , we have a v narrow hallway and it would open it up a bit. Thinking of white stairs with taupe or charcoal runner.
What do you think? thank you!!

Frizbe Wed 20-Apr-05 18:14:24

I like runners myself, would he get more money from trying to sell you a whole carpet?

hana Wed 20-Apr-05 18:17:32

frizbe - he said that runners were the more expensive option because the sides have to be bound, and there would be odd sizes cut for the curve of the second staircase. So, I don't think so. He's coming on the weekend to measure up and provide a quite

hana Wed 20-Apr-05 18:17:57

quote!

kid Wed 20-Apr-05 18:53:06

I like the stair runners too. I don't think they are old fashioned, maybe he was more bothered that it wasn't a straight forward job?

We will eventually get one.

LGJ Wed 20-Apr-05 19:03:02

I wnated stair runners, and TBH the only thing that put me off was the fact that I could not find any nice grippers that reminded me of my childhood.

LGJ Wed 20-Apr-05 19:03:56

Why is it that whenever I post without previewing, I always do a COD, God bless her

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: