Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

stair runner or carpet?

(7 Posts)
hana Wed 20-Apr-05 18:11:20

just wanted some opinions please!
We did a loft extension last year and are looking to get the stairs carpeted ( and the old stairs recarpeted along with landings etc) Went to a carpet place today for quotes, told bloke what I wanted and he said that stair runners are v v old fashioned!! Is that true? I thought they were kinda retro and coming back in? Really like the idea of a runner , we have a v narrow hallway and it would open it up a bit. Thinking of white stairs with taupe or charcoal runner.
What do you think? thank you!!

Frizbe Wed 20-Apr-05 18:14:24

I like runners myself, would he get more money from trying to sell you a whole carpet?

hana Wed 20-Apr-05 18:17:32

frizbe - he said that runners were the more expensive option because the sides have to be bound, and there would be odd sizes cut for the curve of the second staircase. So, I don't think so. He's coming on the weekend to measure up and provide a quite

hana Wed 20-Apr-05 18:17:57

quote!

kid Wed 20-Apr-05 18:53:06

I like the stair runners too. I don't think they are old fashioned, maybe he was more bothered that it wasn't a straight forward job?

We will eventually get one.

LGJ Wed 20-Apr-05 19:03:02

I wnated stair runners, and TBH the only thing that put me off was the fact that I could not find any nice grippers that reminded me of my childhood.

LGJ Wed 20-Apr-05 19:03:56

Why is it that whenever I post without previewing, I always do a COD, God bless her

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now