Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hotpoint appliances - anyone looking be warned and STAY AWAY

(31 Posts)
dizzydixies Wed 25-Mar-09 11:56:23

anyone considering any new appliances and looking at hotpoint please PLEASE reconsider, I've just had the most appalling customer services from them and I own a hotpoint dishwasher/tumble drier/fridge freezer and washing machine angry

they're trying to charge me £99 shock for an engineer visit when all he did was unplug it, leave it for 30seconds and plug it back in and the bloke I spoke to on the phone in the morning could have told me that in the first place angry

apparently if your appliance is more than 90days old you are not entitled to the error codes on the phone and have to pay out the call out charge

they are the ryanair of appliances - please think again

dizzydixies Wed 25-Mar-09 12:04:57

rant rant rant <<grr grr grr>> angryangryangry

nicolamumof3 Wed 25-Mar-09 12:10:46

how old is your machine then?

has a 12m manufacturers warranty.

dizzydixies Wed 25-Mar-09 13:04:13

its about 2.5yrs and we took an extended warranty out on it and everything

nicolamumof3 Wed 25-Mar-09 15:00:56

why isn't that covering you then, you shouldn't be paying if you have ext.wty?

stressed2007 Wed 25-Mar-09 16:03:17

correct you shoud n't be paying!

I totally agre re Hotpoint - service is awful - I bought snazzy aluminium f/freezer and had nothing but hassle with it from day 1 (day 2 actually) and they would n't change it!

Only lost contents of freezer 3 times now!

dizzydixies Wed 25-Mar-09 16:22:39

the warranty has run out, it was only 2yrs worth and of course we're now past that <<double grrrrr>>

Umlellala Thu 26-Mar-09 08:23:48

God, yes, I would never buy Hotpoint again. Ours go wrong all the time (though the £80 call-out/fix thing worked for us - mad bloke though).

Umlellala Thu 26-Mar-09 08:24:39

But there is a wealth of info on the internet btw. Dh has fixed our washing machine twice by googling error codes...

southeastastra Thu 26-Mar-09 08:27:28

service is bad, i ordered a replacement part and it never came, took asolutely tons of calls to get the item re-credited to my account. got it on ebay for half the price in the end.

MissHooliesclassmonitor Thu 26-Mar-09 08:32:56

I agree dizzydixies - they are appalling for repairs and appointments. We spent nearly £400 on a washing machine in September, within 3 weeks it had gone wrong and no appt for a week! I bought a cheapy one as couldnt be without one that long and stored the Hotpoint one. It was repaired and went wrong again twice (the drum split) so even though it's repaired i have a £400 w/m sitting in the shed and use the £169 one i got and its so much better.

Will NEVER buy hotpoint again.

stressed2007 Thu 26-Mar-09 08:43:23

they really are diabolical - surprising there has been no Watchdog expose etc on them

herbietea Thu 26-Mar-09 08:52:41

Message withdrawn

dizzydixies Thu 26-Mar-09 12:51:25

herbietea you've been lucky then smile but shall add Bosch to list of brands to avoid

sazm Thu 26-Mar-09 12:57:35

i also have to completaly disagree,
we have washing machine/tumble dryer and fridge which are all hotpoint,
i love ours,never had any problems,
we also have extra cover which covers all repairs for £13 each month for all 3,
had to phone once for a spare part and customer service was great,got the part straight away,

sarahx

herbietea Thu 26-Mar-09 13:00:33

Message withdrawn

OrmIrian Thu 26-Mar-09 13:02:17

My mum has had her hotpoint washing machine for 25 yrs. Never needed customer service.

We've just got a reconditioned one.

Chap who sold it to use says that he won't recondition any newer models (of any brand) because they are not made to last.

dizzydixies Thu 26-Mar-09 17:03:53

well OrmIrian as pleased as I am for your mother I hope that you never DO need customer services as they are appalling

dizzydixies Fri 27-Mar-09 21:24:13

my email to the CEO in Italy seems to have worked, I've had all my money refunded and an apology with regards to their shitey customer services grin

TweetleBeetle Fri 27-Mar-09 21:27:33

I second that Hotpoint are utter shit - had a nightmare with them a couple of years ago.

Just so you know they are part of the Indeshit group so avoid them too

dizzydixies Fri 27-Mar-09 21:29:27

tweetle - you need to email the head of the company in Italy gringringrin

TweetleBeetle Fri 27-Mar-09 21:35:05

had a whole load of shit wioth them, meant to do it but you know what its like, just lost the momentum what with a newbaby and all - bastards!

kitkatqueen Fri 27-Mar-09 21:42:44

Sorry but I disagree too - w/machine t/drier fridge & freezer all hotpoint. Ordered a spare part for the t/drier about 2 mnths ago - was cheap did the job and arived within 48hrs. I admit I did have a disagreement on the phone with the woman I was ordering the part from because she instisted it was a bearing when it was actually a bush, but I can't really hold that against themgrin

My old hoover w/machine on the other hand is a totally diff story - avoid at all costs!! smile

dizzydixies Fri 27-Mar-09 21:45:36

its not the machines I've had problems with - it was the customer services

stressed2007 Sat 28-Mar-09 13:54:18

what are the CEO's details? You never know I might be able to get my £600 f/freezer replaced as it had broken 3 times and I have lost all freezer contents that many times too. If you could CAT me copy of complaint letter too that would be very helpful. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now