Talk

Advanced search

Beware M&S Nametape Service!

(8 Posts)
fruitbowl Tue 24-Mar-09 18:55:34

I've just ordered school name tapes via the mobile texting service on M&S website. I was texted back saying the order hadn't gone through. I tried another order and the same thing happened so thought I'd forget it and go elsewhere for the name tags.

Turns out, despite me getting the texts saying the orders didn't go through, that the money's been debited from my phone account - twice!

Just spent the afternoon on the phone to M&S, T-mobile and the small company who supply the nametapes. All of them are saying they cannot issue a refund because it's the other companies' responsibility.

I am hacked off.

I would advise MNers to steer clear of this service.

Nabster Tue 24-Mar-09 19:07:46

I have used it twice and it was fine.

Macdog Tue 24-Mar-09 19:09:08

I looked at it yesterday, thanks for the warning.
I think I'll steer clear

fruitbowl Tue 24-Mar-09 19:13:15

that's interesting nabster, may be depends on your mobile provider? who u with?

Nabster Tue 24-Mar-09 19:17:33

If your money has been taken maybe you will get the tapes.

fruitbowl Tue 24-Mar-09 20:43:57

Hi again

I spoke to them and said I wanted to cancel as have ordered tags from somewhere else. Still can't anyone to refund me angry

Lady from M&S regional office says she knows a lady who may be able to help.

I'm sure the service is OK for some people but it's caused me such a palava,I wanted to pass on the warning.

LarsA Mon 06-Jul-09 13:35:39

Maybe try My Nametags? order nametapes online in the morning and get it next day. Don't think they do text orders, though.

shhhh Wed 08-Jul-09 21:00:54

just usd the one recommended via mn (given discount). Took a few weeks to arrive but they are fab.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now