Talk

Advanced search

CHEAP lunch boxes/bags

(12 Posts)
nutcracker Tue 19-Apr-05 13:08:20

Both dd's need new lunch bags desperatly. Now i am not stingy (well ok i am), but some of the prices for som eof them are stupid i think. They are all about £7 or more and i don't wanna pay that if i can help it.

Have looked on ebay but they start at low prices but then seem to rocket.

They don't have to have charcters on but do need to be a girly colour at least. Woulod prefer to buy online but might get off my ass to go out tommorow if anyone finds anything really good.

WideWebWitch Tue 19-Apr-05 13:13:21

Asda for plain tupperware? Could you stick stickers on and tell them they're personalised ones?

nutcracker Tue 19-Apr-05 13:18:42

Thing is, they really need ones with handles.

I did look in Asda today but their cheapest was £6.50 or something.

Blossomhill Tue 19-Apr-05 13:21:04

Wilkinsons?

Lucycat Tue 19-Apr-05 13:23:54

I bought a pink hard plastic one last week from Toys R Us with a huge barbie sticker on it for £2.99, I checked their website and they don't show them but it might be worth you phoning your local store - they aren't fantastic quality but they'll last my dd - until she drops it!!

nutcracker Tue 19-Apr-05 13:24:26

Also looked ther but they were still over £6 . Maybe i'll just have to not be sooooooo stingy.

nutcracker Tue 19-Apr-05 13:24:53

Oooh thanks for that Lucycat, will check that out.

alison222 Tue 19-Apr-05 13:27:41

Dunhelm mill - sells cushions and bedding mostly has small lunchbags with handles to go over your shoulder yesterday for 1.99 each.
They were soft, but lined inside if thats any help

nutcracker Tue 19-Apr-05 13:28:20

Hmmm not heard of them before, where are they ??? I am in brum.

Jbck Tue 19-Apr-05 22:52:09

I bought DD a Tigger insulated lunch backpack from Dunelm Mill on Sunday for £2.99. It's the kind with a little pocket at the bottom for juice carton or small flask & larger compartment on top. They had a few different ones but Tigger was actually the girliest. Each store may have different stuff though. Try their site www.Dunelmmill.co.uk for stores

Gobbledigook Tue 19-Apr-05 22:55:51

Could you get the Tesco value ones - they are £1.50 and come in bright blue and bright pink. I got my brother to make a label for the ds's which are great. You could get the kids to make their own picture on card, or put stickers on!

Gobbledigook Tue 19-Apr-05 22:56:25

Or have you got a Matalan near you? They are cheap in there too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now