Talk

Advanced search

P&T Vibe juddering front wheel

(11 Posts)
JamInMyWellies Sat 14-Mar-09 16:33:14

Has anyone had this problem?
If so can it be repaired. We bought from a private seller on ebay so no comeback on the warranty.

nappyaddict Sat 14-Mar-09 20:02:54

bump

annwoo Sun 15-Mar-09 00:50:34

Hi - I had this problem - out n' about sent out a part for the front wheel (absolute pain to fit). This didn't solve the problem for us - so we sent it back to be fixed, which they couldn't do and sent us a new one.

For the time being 'fix' the front wheel i.e. do not put it into swivel position.

The buggy should still be under warranty - can you contact the seller? They would have known there was a problem.

CAT me if you want any more info. Not always on mn.

JamInMyWellies Sun 15-Mar-09 16:37:57

Thanks annwoo,

we have been in touch with them they bought it from the US and no longer have the receipt.

Am going to talk to John Lewis customer service and ask if they will get us a new wheel. Was it the actual wheel that needed to be replaced or was it a problem with the frame where the wheel connects?

blithedance Sun 15-Mar-09 16:49:03

Is it anything like an E3 where the front wheel comes off? Try some grease or bike oil around the swivel post then put the wheel back on. This was Out'n'about's suggestion when my front wheel got sticky, fixed it fine. Just basic maintenance really.

JamInMyWellies Sun 15-Mar-09 17:07:32

mmm blithedance its not sticky it really judders makes it difficult to push and control as it goes all over the place but I will bung in some grease and see if that helps.

npg1 Sun 15-Mar-09 19:40:06

Hi. I dont have a phil and teds but had a 3 wheeler once that did this. I had to adjust the nut on the top of the wheel IYSWIM, for me I had to unscrew the footrest to get to the bolt that held the wheel on. Not sure if this might help for you?

ragd0ll Sun 15-Mar-09 19:42:12

Does it need pumping up?. I have a sport rather than a vibe but if the front wheel gets a bit flat it judders like you describe

annwoo Sun 15-Mar-09 19:51:16

Hi Jam, the part that you need is called a bush. If memory serves me right it needs to be fitted to the frame, you have to take off the footrest to do so. Contact Out n about and see if they will send you one out direct. Failing that you could contact Phil and Teds direct. It is a mission to fit.

I don't think this would be a new problem with the buggy, can't you return it to the seller and get your money back?

3girlies Mon 16-Mar-09 10:01:37

Hi,

It might just be the bolt - I have have Jane and Mothercare ones that did this and it was that, have a look and try it. I think it is a common problem with swivel front wheels.

HTH.

pramsgalore4 Wed 05-Aug-09 17:26:17

HI, new on here, dont know if its too late, but my vibe has just been sent away to phil and teds for this repair, after speaking to phil and teds there is now a new repair that only phil and teds can do, as the bush has to be fitted with a special tool only they have, this is a brand new repair which came out last week and not all retailers will be aware of this, the old repair that retailers used to do did not work, but they seem to think this new repair will, fingers crossed it does, contact phil and teds as this is a manufacture fault they are aware of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now