Talk

Advanced search

All you storage container buffs out there - I need storage for...

(14 Posts)
Miaou Sat 16-Apr-05 15:56:42

...embroidery skeins.

I have a huge and growing collection which I need to access easily. I'm thinking along the lines of plastic containers which hold about 50 skeins each (any more and I get confused!!)

For those who don't know what they are/look like, they are about 16cm long and approx 1cm wide. Atm I keep them in a compartmentalised wooden box but have run out of space and am now rummaging through plastic bags for the ones I want!

Any ideas?

munchie Sat 16-Apr-05 16:29:59

Hi Miaou, You can buy A4 walletts which are made especially for the job. Each wallet holds about 10 skeins and then you can keep them in a ring binder. Most crafty shops sell them not sure about price though, I've had mine for years. Hope this helps.

Eowyn Sat 16-Apr-05 16:33:49

Have you looked at tool organisers, i just bought a plastic thing in asda for £1.97 which wouldn't be big enough but my mum used to use something similar for threads. well, i think i know what i mean. clear plastic flatish box with compartments.

SaintGeorge Sat 16-Apr-05 16:37:02

Various options all made for the job.

Miaou Sat 16-Apr-05 17:37:51

Thanks for the suggestions, folks. Unfortunately, because I am designing and manufacturing kits, I go through threads at a rate and quite often buy 10 of a colour at a time, so I'm thinking more along the lines of boxes that I can chuck them into, but keep them in some sort of number or colour sequence so I can find them easily. I would reckon that at the moment I have in excess of 400 skeins in 200 colours!

Eowyn, organiser boxes would be good but I've not found any with big enough compartments.

SaintGeorge Sat 16-Apr-05 17:41:51

Ah, now finding something for you sounds like a challenge - I am in the mood for googling and seeing what I can find for you

By the way Miaou, I seem to have killed the library thread. Pleeeeeeeease revisit it and see if it can be brought back to life.

Miaou Sat 16-Apr-05 17:44:42

Saint George, you are a ....saint

I will have a revisit to the library thread - I went to have a look at the yahoo stuff the other day but dh has set up internet filtering and it won't let me on ! I keep meaning to ask him to lift it for me but keep forgetting! I'm still dead keen on the idea.

SaintGeorge Sat 16-Apr-05 18:00:31

These look lovely, but somehow I think you might want something a little bit cheaper

Miaou Sat 16-Apr-05 18:10:49

Mmm... lovely but they'll have to wait until I win the lottery!!!

This is the sort of thing I am after but from this country if poss - can't work out the shipping costs on that site but guess it is expensive!

Miaou Sat 16-Apr-05 18:21:37

Ooooh, look what I just found on ebay

I have asked the seller if the drawers are deep enough!

roisin Sat 16-Apr-05 18:22:21

Have you tried Lakeland?

roisin Sat 16-Apr-05 18:23:35

or this?

SaintGeorge Sat 16-Apr-05 18:24:27

Excellent ebay find Miaou!

If it's no good, try here . Loads of different sizes.

Miaou Sat 16-Apr-05 18:31:59

I like that first Lakeland one, roisin, and the Parrs one looks good too.

Isn't the internet great?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now