Talk

Advanced search

L'Oreal home highlighting kit - anyone used one?

(10 Posts)
paolosgirl Fri 15-Apr-05 20:58:40

I bought one today - money is a bit tight just now, so thought I'd save on my usual highlighting bill. Is it any good? Any tips?

Blossomhill Fri 15-Apr-05 21:00:59

Oh no but I was thinking of buying one and my hairdresser (who is very good) said that he would recommend them if that's any help. Will watch this thread with interest.

hunkermunker Fri 15-Apr-05 21:05:07

Another thread-watcher here Let us know how it goes, PG!

Flossam Fri 15-Apr-05 21:05:15

My hair went orange. But then it was when it was first out and the L'Oreal representative advised me to apply it incorrectly. Tried to complain but neither boots or L'Oreal would accept responsibility. Maybe she was a bitter jobless hairdresser!!

paolosgirl Fri 15-Apr-05 21:09:24

Flossam . What did you do that was incorrect?

Blossomhill Fri 15-Apr-05 21:09:53

Oh well maybe not then!!!

Flossam Fri 15-Apr-05 21:13:20

I think they told me to put the all over part of the product all over my hair for the whole developing time rather than just on my roots, which I should have done. Hence one orange head of hair. Have to admit I haven't been brave enough to try again since, but I'm sure you'll be fine as long as you follow the instructions properly!

they wouldn't be able to carry on selling it if everyone had the same as me would they? I'm sure you will look absolutely lovely!

astonished Fri 15-Apr-05 21:21:15

My SIL did mine with red and it looks so cool. have had lots of comments from people sayng how fab it looks, basially did it underneath so it shines through, and my opinion was if it goes wrong I'll just dye it back!!

paolosgirl Fri 15-Apr-05 21:26:25

I suppose if it goes very wrong, I can always go to the hairdresser and whack up the overdraft a bit!

expatinscotland Fri 15-Apr-05 21:33:22

if you can get s/one to help you, i think it'd be great. i gave up and starting seeing a professional.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now