Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

amber necklace

(9 Posts)
outtolunch Fri 15-Apr-05 19:11:01

ds was given an amber necklace for Christmas. I have put it on and am hoping it works. Has anyone else tried them? If so what do you think? Did you remove it when they slept?

Whizzz Fri 15-Apr-05 19:17:48

Excuse my ignorance - but what are they supposed to do ?

outtolunch Fri 15-Apr-05 19:54:50

I had no idea either! They are meant to be good for teething and calming something about the properties in amber. The little bumf was written in German (friend lives in Germany) I should do a search really and find out more. Was being lazy and hoping others might fill me in.

humphrey Fri 15-Apr-05 20:54:13

I use one for my dd as she suffers terribly with her teething and I found it was the only thing that appear to work to calm her down. I don't keep it on her at night as she thrashes around so much I'm frightened she might get it caught up. It was recommended to me by someone who had used it on her two sons and it had worked and I recently spoke to someone else who has used it on her ds and she swore by it as well. We tried all the other things like Calpol, Calprofen, teething gels, Anbesol and the homeopathic powders and nothing seemed to work as well as this. It may just be a coincidence that she started to feel better when this was on but I'm sticking with it. I pulled the leaflet out that came with it and this is what it says 'Amber belongs to the healing stones and the necklace is carried around the baby's neck. The ethereal oils arising from the body heat abate the toothaches. Please don't let your baby chew the stones, because of the danger a baby with teeth might bite off and choke on a stone. For centuries many midwifes and mothers swear on the abating effect of the amber.'

WestCountryLass Fri 15-Apr-05 20:57:58

Where do you get a baby sized necklace then? I am interested as nothing works for my DDs teething either.

outtolunch Fri 15-Apr-05 21:06:41

I think they might sell them at Green Baby.

humphrey Fri 15-Apr-05 21:09:41

I got mine from Twinkle

outtolunch Fri 15-Apr-05 21:11:16

was just looking for info and found a couple of links for you WestCountryLass. http://www.greenbabyco.com/acatalog/GreenBaby_Gifts___gift_vouchers_6.html
http://www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk/acatalog/Baby_Care
Products.html

WestCountryLass Fri 15-Apr-05 22:09:31

Cheers *off for a browse*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now