Talk

Advanced search

advice please on buying a bouncy castle?

(6 Posts)
stitch Fri 15-Apr-05 09:16:33

my friend is renting a bouncy castle for her dd birthday, but she is speniding 60 pounds on it. argos sells one for 100. just wondering if anyone else has bought one, and should she buy it?

northstar Fri 15-Apr-05 09:38:33

Ds got one for his birthday yesterday, he bounced in the living room last night. It does fold down really small, there is a motor about the size of a fan but quite heavy then the castle part fits inside a tiny bag.
It is really for small children, and is great just for ds (3), I wouldn't use it for a party tbh, it's just not big enough but ds will get loads of use out of it himself. Sorry that's probably no help whatsoever. Basically what I'm saying is........One you buy yourself will get loads more use, but won't really help to entertain guests on the day.

stitch Fri 15-Apr-05 10:37:36

actually that is loads of help northstar. she wants it basically for the party, and her kids are older. i dont think it is what she is looking for at all
ta

Toothache Fri 15-Apr-05 10:41:31

Bought one from ELC for £40. It's okay but not great. It only takes 2 or 3 (small) kids at a time. Ds likes it, but TBH it's sat out in the garden most of the winter so is probably burst. You can still buy it at ELC.

stitch Fri 15-Apr-05 10:51:30

thanks toothache. she wanted one that has the fan blower with it. elc does one for 125. was wondering if it was worth the money...

Anteater Fri 15-Apr-05 10:52:22

watch the ones from ELC, my dd fell out the back of one (SOME HAVE A DOOR AT THE BACK WHICH IS HIDDEN FROM THE FRONT) and cut her eye on one being used as a demo.
The shop staff admitted to me on the spot it was a poor design, but head office refused to take any action...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now