Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What sort of trainers to buy and where

(18 Posts)
ionesmum Wed 13-Apr-05 21:13:54

I need to buy some trainers. They will mainly be for aerobics and walking, and possibly running - if that works out I know I will need a proper pair of running shoes, but can't afford to buy some until I know I will stick at it.

I don't know what to buy. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'd like to buy on-line if possible - can't face a sports shop...

sunnyskies Wed 13-Apr-05 21:16:07

Bournesports - have a website but not sure if its co.uk or .com we use them a bit - quite quick with delivery

DaddyCool Thu 14-Apr-05 11:14:06

my dw really likes sketchers. her feet went a bit strange (?) after ds was born and these seem to be the only trainers that fit properly and are really comfortable when she goes to the gym.

tiredemma Thu 14-Apr-05 11:20:43

nike are really comfy on my feet, they do a very good selection of cross training trainers which sound like the type you need.

my absolute fave are nike air max 95, like walking on air!

swiperfox Thu 14-Apr-05 11:29:07

I have just spent £70 on a pair of Adidas Climaproof trainers which are supposedly their new running shoe. I use them for walking and they are useless!!! My feet are in agony!! Steer clear!!!

swiperfox Thu 14-Apr-05 11:30:26

I have just spent £70 on a pair of Adidas Climaproof trainers which are supposedly their new running shoe. I use them for walking and they are useless!!! My feet are in agony!! Steer clear!!!

DaddyCool Thu 14-Apr-05 12:45:10

did you buy two pairs swiperfox?

BeanieBabe Thu 14-Apr-05 13:03:37

nike are really comfy for me too - wear them for proper exercise but have a pair of sketchers too which are great for long walks but too solid for aerobics. If you're going to use them for aerobics/running then you're probably best to try them on somewhere to make sure they're ok for your feet and then maybe seeing if you can get them cheaper online

ionesmum Thu 14-Apr-05 14:07:34

Thanks for the advice, now I have something to go on!

Potty1 Thu 14-Apr-05 15:08:29

I run and wear Asics for that but find they give me blisters on the heel if I walk in them for any length - must be a different type of movement.

ionesmum Thu 14-Apr-05 20:41:16

Thanks, Potty. I know I will need two lots if I really do take up running but need to practise a bit first...

JanH Thu 14-Apr-05 22:09:11

I wouldn't buy shoes for running from the internet, im - worth paying a bit more at a proper sports shop (ie not a chain, do you have a local independent one?), trying different ones and getting advice.

Demented Thu 14-Apr-05 22:16:26

I have Adidas Climacool trainers at the moment and desperately want to replace them. They were great when I tried them on but the bits that keep your feet cool (lovely in the summer especially for aerobics) let in water, also the top part of the shoe is fabric and my big toe has rubbed a small hole in each shoe. I like the look of the Nike Shox, always found Nike to be a good fit and a comfortable shoe.

ionesmum Fri 15-Apr-05 21:15:16

Thanks, demented.

JanH, it's not the money that makes me want to buy on line, it's the thought of the young toned men in the sports shops rofling at me. Put it thi sway: gym bunny I ain't.

Posey Fri 15-Apr-05 21:32:15

I got mine from City Runner in London. Really really good service, looked at my feet and the shoes I was wearing to see how I walk in them. Got some asics ones and have had no pain/blisters or anything.
Know what you mean about toned sportmen serving you though. Went into a running shop in Camden to get a water bottle and felt so totally patronised by the guy who served me.

mancmum Fri 15-Apr-05 21:36:32

mbt's.. they are fab!!

WestCountryLass Fri 15-Apr-05 22:17:50

Gosh, nothing against retail workers but it is really sad if you are intimidated by a shop assistant! It is their job to serve you and be courteous.

I usually wear Nikes btw

ionesmum Fri 15-Apr-05 22:38:49

It might be all in my mind, I just can't face the thought of it!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now