Talk

Advanced search

camera geeks/photographers - please help me choose a digital SLR

(3 Posts)
poppy34 Wed 25-Feb-09 12:49:49

Right DH has big birthday coming up so discussed present - he wants a digital SLR (he has a nikon d 70 and a long lense on it). any tips on good stuff:

- easy to use
- decent photo as well as video quality
- capacity to shoot long range/panorama (we're going on safari holiday later this year)
-easy to download/play with

budget about £500 - £600 ish

I am toying with looking at canons as well as niknos but would appreciate more expert help. I have searched the net threads but would appreciate being pointed to some types of cameara (you can get lost in the number of reviews)

DrZeus Wed 25-Feb-09 12:55:43

Not an SLR but utterly fab is the Canon SX10is which my dh bought recently. He also has a Nikon D50 digital SLR and hasn't used it since getting the Canon. SX10 has 25-500mm zoom.

here

HTH

TartanKnickers Wed 25-Feb-09 13:04:48

TBH if he has a Nikon D70 already, that is a good mid range D-SLR. I don't think you'd get an awful lot better for 5 or 600 pounds.

How about some accessories instead? A lens or flashgun would be around the 2-300 pound mark.

Not many D-SLRs can shoot video - I think the new Nikon D90 might be able to, but as for shooting long range, panorama etc, that's down to the lens as D-SLRs don't have a zoom as such.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now