Talk

Advanced search

what age for indoor swing?

(11 Posts)
mckenzie Wed 13-Apr-05 13:04:26

we have an electric indoor swing that we had for DS but I cant find the leaflet that came with it. Does anyone know what age it is suitable for please?

Nemo1977 Wed 13-Apr-05 13:27:23

think they r from newborn rnt they?

mummytosteven Wed 13-Apr-05 13:28:12

i think they are from birth too.

is it a graco or fisherprice one?

mum2max Wed 13-Apr-05 14:17:19

Got elastic bouncy type for ds. Box said 5mth but HV said lo was strong enough (when he was 4mth). It's a godsend! Stops that 20 minute before bath grizzle

MandM Wed 13-Apr-05 14:22:37

Definitely from birth - the Graco one that we had for DD had about 6 seat positions form fully reclined to stright up. She absolutely loved it and we only stopped using it when she got too big to squash her in! - which BTW was about 9-10 months so we got good use out of it.
We put her straight in it when we walked in the door from the hospital and then dh and I just stood there looking and each other in terror as if to say 'Oh my god...what do we do with her NOW??!!'lol

mum2max Wed 13-Apr-05 14:39:57

well, that type is far posher than mine!! Mine was only about 18 quid, but worth it's weight in gold... I can't even imagine how useful the electric swingy ones are.

MandM Wed 13-Apr-05 14:51:52

If it's any consolation mum2max we had a bouncy like yours as well and she loved that too!

It might be worth asking around to see if any family or friends ahve an electric one that you can 'borrow'. Dd's has really done the rounds over the last couple of years. It's been to quite a few friends houses for their newborns but it's the only 'baby' thing that i haven't been able to officially part with. I had wanted one for ages when I was pg but never seemed to have the spare money, then when dd was in NICU after her birth Dh turned up at the hospital with one, in exactly the right fabric and colour as well!

mckenzie Wed 13-Apr-05 17:08:15

thanks all. it's the graco one and it'll be coming down from the loft tonight me thinks!

fruitful Wed 13-Apr-05 17:27:38

The instructions on my Graco one say from birth in the fully reclined position, but only for 30 minutes at a time. Hah! DD used to have a 2-hour nap in it, on high speed, every morning for about 4 months - the only way she would sleep in the day without me holding her. I used to feed her to sleep and then carefully sneak her into the swing, and quickly turn it on full speed.

Ds is rather more civilised about his sleep, so he goes in the swing when he is awake - its next to the dining table and he sits in it for mealtimes (he's 8 weeks so not joining in the meals yet). Total Godsend that swing, best purchase I made.

mckenzie Wed 13-Apr-05 17:35:41

thanks all. it's the graco one and it'll be coming down from the loft tonight me thinks!

slug Thu 14-Apr-05 09:58:37

All the preemie babies in the SCBU when the sluglet was there had their daily swing session.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now