Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Shoes - should I complain

(6 Posts)
JulieF Tue 12-Apr-05 22:13:53

I took dd to Brantanos a few weeks ago to be measured for some school shoes. She measured 7 F and I asked to try a pair of plain black hush puppies. They didn't have them in 7 so the assistant brought out some 7.5. He tried them on her and said that they fitted her fine. I questioned whether they were not a bit too big and he assured me they were not. He gave me a lot of blurb about the hush puppies 3d fitting and how scientific it was etc.

Anyway she has worn them for a couple of weeks and almost from the start I thought they were too big. The fronts have creased like too large shoes do and they slop off her feet. I'm not sure if I have the receipt still but at £30 I'm not happy and I can't afford to just go out and buy her more.

Do you think its worth going back to the shop and complaining?

JulieF Tue 12-Apr-05 22:13:53

I took dd to Brantanos a few weeks ago to be measured for some school shoes. She measured 7 F and I asked to try a pair of plain black hush puppies. They didn't have them in 7 so the assistant brought out some 7.5. He tried them on her and said that they fitted her fine. I questioned whether they were not a bit too big and he assured me they were not. He gave me a lot of blurb about the hush puppies 3d fitting and how scientific it was etc.

Anyway she has worn them for a couple of weeks and almost from the start I thought they were too big. The fronts have creased like too large shoes do and they slop off her feet. I'm not sure if I have the receipt still but at £30 I'm not happy and I can't afford to just go out and buy her more.

Do you think its worth going back to the shop and complaining?

milward Tue 12-Apr-05 22:22:33

Go back and see what they say - if they sold a pair too big then I would think it corrct that they change them. Do you have any record of paying - bank statement etc that you could use to prove you bought them there?

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 12-Apr-05 22:25:34

Yeah, take them back. Have they hurt your dd's feet?

If you get no joy at the store then just ring their Head Office who will sort it out for you.

stitch Fri 15-Apr-05 16:43:32

good god, yes. they should exchange them for you for a pair that fit properly.
had this problem twice in clarks, and have had excellent service each time.

Fran1 Fri 15-Apr-05 16:49:19

Yeah i just got a refund for some sandals that left cuts on dd's feet.

That was in a department store, i didn't expect to get the refund as they don't even offer measuring feet or checking, so it wasn't even their thought!
In fact i bought them without dd with me so thought it was v good of them to refund. If they do it then a shop that measured first definitely should.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now