Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have a SMART car?

(8 Posts)
TheyCallMePeachy Sat 21-Feb-09 20:19:09

Dh asking for any infoplease on the SMART car as a back up to avoid taking big family car on long work commute.

TIA

homicidalmatriach Sat 21-Feb-09 20:51:26

I used to have one - had to get rid of it when pregnant because I couldn't fit behind a wheel. Would wholeheartedly recommend them - you can't drive them in snow (like a big skate), and they don't go very fast but zero maintenance requirements, you can actually get a lot in the boot and behind the seats and people used to let me nip into lanes because I was only diddy! My insurance (fully comp for two of us) was £202 a year!

andyrobo237 Sat 21-Feb-09 22:09:20

My brothers wife had one, and they loved it until he had an accident in it when it tipped over on its side when he went around a corner up a slip road onto a motorway. They soon got rid after that!

TheyCallMePeachy Sat 21-Feb-09 23:45:29

DH mentioned the cornering yes, hope your brother was OK.

Zero maintenance sounds good though.

Anyone else?

twinsetandpearls Sat 21-Feb-09 23:47:08

I think hula has one from memory

catMandu Sat 21-Feb-09 23:56:35

My aunt has one, it's her second one she loves them so much. This one is the new model and much better, faster less tinny than the first one, it's also a convertable grin. It costs her £20 to fill it up! You can't turn off the passenger air bag, so can't put dc's in it. I'd get one tomorrow if I had the money, but the fact you can't ever put the dc's is means it's a bit limiting for us.

Oh and she says that other smart drivers all wave at her.

CompareTheMeerkat Sun 22-Feb-09 00:00:42

I seem to remember Hula had one and had problems with it.

TheyCallMePeachy Sun 22-Feb-09 11:57:49

See, the manual says that because of where the airbag is you can oput kids in if you put the seat right back- but I am severely hmm about that. You can also buy a chair which turns the system off but that's £200 in itself for 1+.

It does makesense for dh- the MPV does 28mpg and he drives 500 miles a week for work so what he will save is massive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now