Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

My Juicer arrived ......

(18 Posts)
NomDePlume Tue 12-Apr-05 17:55:36

... and I love it !

DD and I have just enjoyed a delicious glass of iced fresh apple and strawberry juice. Gorgeous.

I can see our fruit & veg bills going through the roof though, it took 4 royal gala apples to make one half pint glass !!!!!

For those who are interested, I plumped for This one

Can't wait to try out my new recipes for it

misdee Tue 12-Apr-05 17:56:55

i got one yesterday as a birthday present. am going to try some rather exotic mixes once i feel better.

Socci Tue 12-Apr-05 17:57:08

Message withdrawn

NomDePlume Tue 12-Apr-05 17:59:11

Yes, Socci. You can buy them cheaper but they're usually nowhere near as good - the juice isn't as pure and they're harder to clean. Mine is pretty mid-range, you can spend £1000 on one if you're that way inclined !!! Mine was a birthday present too

Socci Tue 12-Apr-05 18:03:17

Message withdrawn

NomDePlume Tue 12-Apr-05 18:05:53

Ok. I suspect they're still getting it at their mother's so it's not completely cold turkey !

GeorginaA Tue 12-Apr-05 18:47:59

You've got the juicer that I was going to go for if/when I had the money/space.

Hmm.

invites herself round twice a day just to drink juice at NdPs

NomDePlume Tue 12-Apr-05 19:40:27

LOL ! It's fab !

<contemplates opening a juice bar...>

lilibet Tue 12-Apr-05 19:50:31

I want one [sulky face]

How easy is it to clean?

Have you seen Nigel Slater's book called Thirst? That looks really good.

NomDePlume Tue 12-Apr-05 19:52:34

It's dead easy to clean, I just chuck the bits in the dishwasher. If I had to wash the bits by hand it would be pretty easy, although there are quite a few bits and bobs, they are well designed.

Have got my eyes peeled for fab juice books. I'll look that Slater one up, thanks

CountessDracula Tue 12-Apr-05 19:53:51

Yes I have that one it is fab!

GeorginaA Tue 12-Apr-05 20:07:03

Well I got my sexy new Moulinex food processor today (last one finally gave up the ghost after 10 years heavy use and constant dishwashering when it wasn't technically dishwasher proof!). This one I can shove in the dishwasher!

Of course, I've had to devote a whole cupboard in the kitchen to it and all its accessories [rolls eyes emoticon]

NomDePlume Wed 13-Apr-05 09:01:23

Our Mouilinex thingybob broke There's a flimsy little bit of plastic on the lid that acts as a saftey thingummy and the gadget will only start if the bit of plastic is slotted into a particular gap. Of course the stupid bit of plastic has now snapped off and will not glue back on again so that's £99 up the spout

NomDePlume Wed 13-Apr-05 09:01:54

feel free to gasp in awe at my techinical knowledge.....

GeorginaA Wed 13-Apr-05 09:30:12

* awed gasp *

Yeah, the plastic bits are silly, but I'm so in awe that the storage place for all the blades is inside the main unit. Well, most of 'em anyway.

Plus it was just about the only one I could find with a decent sized chopping bowl...

NomDePlume Wed 13-Apr-05 12:54:28

Ours has gone in the bin, which is mega frustrating as we used it quite a lot .

Perhaps I can come over and use your processor and you can come over and juice stuff ?!

GeorginaA Wed 13-Apr-05 13:33:00

Sounds like a deal.

Can we buy half a bread maker each next, please?

NomDePlume Wed 13-Apr-05 13:34:57

LOL ! I'm going to buy DH one for our wedding anniversary, I think. He's still bitter about the one he lost in the divorce

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now