Talk

Advanced search

Good, cheap, 1st beds?

(20 Posts)
mummylonglegs Tue 12-Apr-05 15:06:35

Anyone know where I can get dd her first bed? She's 2 1/2 and we don't have much money. Also anywhere that does really nice bedding?

Cha Tue 12-Apr-05 15:19:57

Ikea. We have bunk beds from there and they are fine. Check out their website before you go, give you an idea of size and where it will fit. Do so love your name, wish I had thought of it first!

misdee Tue 12-Apr-05 15:22:59

ikea extendable beds are fab. dd2 has one as its the only one that will fit in the bedroom with dd1 full size bed. we're going to ikea later year to get bunkbeds and new big wardrobe to give them more playing space.

darlingbud Tue 12-Apr-05 15:29:44

I just got dd (now 2.3) a "normal" single bed from a cheap bed place near us. It cost £60 inc mattress then I got a bed guard from Toys R Us for £19.95. Her bedding came from ASDA. She has been in it since she was 1 year 10 months old and has been fine.

fairydust Tue 12-Apr-05 15:30:20

kiddiare £59.99

Chandra Tue 12-Apr-05 15:35:43

Ikea is doing a beautiful one (noresund) in dark metal, it starts as a small day bed but you can extend it to a full lenght twin bed. It cost less than 70 pounds, if I had a girl instead of a boy I would have got this one. (BTW is not yet in the internet catalogue)

mummylonglegs Tue 12-Apr-05 21:38:05

I know Ikea are great but I'm so far away from one where I am it's a major treck to get over to one of their stores.

I do like the look of the kiddicare one, fairydust.

So, now onto bedding ... Dd's into Noddy and all things cuddly. Anyone know of somewhere with cute bedding?

lockets Tue 12-Apr-05 21:39:28

Message withdrawn

Gobbledigook Tue 12-Apr-05 21:40:10

Blimey Lockets! Shouldn't you be sleeping?!

Congratulations by the way! x

Sorry, hijack over.

lockets Tue 12-Apr-05 21:44:42

Message withdrawn

Gobbledigook Tue 12-Apr-05 21:59:28

Good for you! Usually is calmer with 2nd ones I found/heard from others - you are just so much more laid back about it all

mummylonglegs Tue 12-Apr-05 22:14:31

lockets, I take it you've got a newby? If so, congratulations!

Back to subject (she said in teacher-like voice). That kiddicare bed, how much smaller than a regular single bed is it? Would single duvets and covers fit it?

mummylonglegs Wed 13-Apr-05 09:16:07

Any other ideas anyone?

Cha Wed 13-Apr-05 15:12:24

Always recommending these guys, should get a commission... boden do a small line in girlie bedding and so do vertbaudet Just tried to do a link for the first time so it probably won't work...

Cha Wed 13-Apr-05 15:13:47

No, I was right, they don't work. You'll just have to do a cut and paste job, sorry

www.boden.co.uk
www.vertbaudet.co.uk

Hulababy Wed 13-Apr-05 20:50:32

If you are anywhere near me (Sheffield) I have a Mothercare toddler bed for sale. Only had 18 months use and is in perfect condition.

mummylonglegs Thu 14-Apr-05 14:44:40

I'm not near you Hulababy, unfortunately, I'm in SE London. Though I've got almost all my mums side of the family in / around Sheffield but I don't think they'd be prepared to drive a bed down for me! Thanks for the offer though. Out of interest, why are you changing it?

Cha Thu 14-Apr-05 15:25:51

I'm in SE London too (Herne Hill) and it only takes 30 mins to drive to the Croydon Ikea from where we are (as long as you avoid rush hours). Whereabouts are you?

aloha Thu 14-Apr-05 15:43:34

Ikea, Ikea, Ikea! Lovely new iron bed (extendable) new in store. Have my eye on it for dd (only she's just 9weeks!).
I bought ds's beautiful antique pine sleigh bed from Ebay. They often have Ikea beds for sale there but they are really hardly any cheaper than new. If you are in SE London Ikea Croydon should be a breeze for you if you have a car or can persuade someone to give you a lift.

Bramshott Thu 14-Apr-05 16:07:03

If you want a full size single, then Mothercare have a pine one for £80. + £50 for mattress though. They have quite nice bedding too - fairy house or something - £20 for a set.

Everything is 10% off online at the moment if you put the code TLG in when you check out. I'm just trying to work out if I really need to get it all now (DD is 2.3) - doing my sums last night!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: