Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

toddler table and chairs

(10 Posts)
naomi83 Tue 17-Feb-09 15:46:27

looking to buy our DS(aged 2) a little table and cair set for him to use for colouring, puzzles and eating when he has friends over to play. Have seen the Mamutt ones in the Ikea catalogue and they seem lovely, just wondering if anyone has them and can tell me if they are stable, and easy to clean. Otherwise can anyone recommend a similar type of thing?

scienceteacher Tue 17-Feb-09 16:01:11

Don't know that particular one, but we always went to Ikea for miniature furniture. I think they know what they are talking about, so very safe bet.

SoupDragon Tue 17-Feb-09 16:03:15

We've had the £19 wooden Ikea one for about 8 years now. It's fabulous.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Tue 17-Feb-09 16:03:55

The mamutt is brilliant, very sturdy and wipe clean.

The only issue is it is fairly small so he may outgrow it very quickly.

crokky Tue 17-Feb-09 16:04:09

Mammutt stuff is lovely. We have the red rectangular table and it is very easy to clean (babywipes clean paint off it easily). It is stable and we have the matching red chair. Would recommend the chair rather than the stool. My DS is 2.11 and he loves them.

hippopotamouse Tue 17-Feb-09 16:05:20

We have the ELC one for DD and DS, red plastic table and blue and green chairs. I think you can only get pink or blue now though! Ikea do have great stuff though and I think you'd struggle to find anything the same price. We have the Trofast storage system and it's fab.

SoupDragon Tue 17-Feb-09 16:06:34

Svala is the one we've got. You can paint/stain/varnish it to fit your decor.

scienceteacher Tue 17-Feb-09 16:06:42

We had a birch-veneered Ikea children's table and it became a coffee table in our living room for years. We decided to finally grow up last year - and moved that table into the shed as a play/craft table.

MrsBadger Tue 17-Feb-09 16:08:09

Ikea is your best bet - I like the plain wood Svala set thus better though

be aware that the seat height might be a wee bit heigh to start with - this is the chair size huide they use at nursery and the Ikea chairs all have a seat height of about 30cm, so his feet won't be flat on the floor yet.

stealthsquiggle Tue 17-Feb-09 16:08:24

SnapDragon - snap grin - I bought a wooden table and chairs for £19 from ikea and painted it for DS's 1st birthday and it still looks good as new 5.5 years later despite a lot of use - I did the same for my Goddaughter and theirs has seen even more use.

[guilt] - I must find time to do one for DD blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now