Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know of an light pushchair with high/extendable handles?

(12 Posts)
Tobermory Mon 16-Feb-09 08:00:58

Looking for a light, small folding pushchair, possibly umbrella fold but doesnt have to be - must fold small. I currently have a Nipper 360 which is good in many respects but takes up so much of the boot, DD is 21 months and likes to walk but for fairly short stretches so buggy still needed. DH and I are both very tall, and i have a bad back, so need high handles.

I liked the Quinny Zapp but handles are way too short. Yesterday tried the silvercross pop which was much better but not quite high enough, the handle height is listed as 108 cm at highest point.

So... anyone got any suggestions as to what I should try next?

lillypie Mon 16-Feb-09 08:11:43

I think the maclaren xt has extendable handles to 110 cm

lecohen Mon 16-Feb-09 08:40:15

Heard about the Babydan Stockholm on here, sounds ideal for you

cmotdibbler Mon 16-Feb-09 08:42:31

We have a Hauck Sport and 6'4" DH finds it comfortable to push - think the handles are 110cm. It was the highest umbrella fold we found

Tobermory Mon 16-Feb-09 09:22:01

lillypie, someone else suggested that to me too

Thanks all for suggestions, will go and google...rather than do the ironing!

LibrasJusticeLeagueofBiscuits Mon 16-Feb-09 14:14:03

we have an maclaren xlr which my DH (6'5") finds ok but it's not the lightest umbrella out there....

buggylovinmummy Mon 16-Feb-09 16:31:01

Maclaren xt, ive just got one and they are fab

Tobermory Mon 16-Feb-09 20:18:07

BLM Does it have extendable handles?
Did you find any bargains while you were shopping for it?

buggylovinmummy Tue 17-Feb-09 12:29:55

Yes it does have extendable handles. I actually got it on here, it was a month old and i swapped it for my quinny zapp.

littlefrog Tue 17-Feb-09 20:36:22

we have the mclaren xt, and it's still too low for dh (6'4")... Is also not small when folded, it won't go in the boot of lots of little cars, which is a pain.

buggylovinmummy Wed 18-Feb-09 21:26:39

Agree its not the smallest when folded as its quite long but i have a peugeot 307 and it goes into the boot easily

nicolamumof3 Thu 19-Feb-09 07:43:43

maclaren xt is good, xlr even taller handles (i've had both) btu xlr is v.big folded. i don't think xt is that much bigger at all then many other umbrella folds and imo it is the best umbrella fold you can buy for features and quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now