Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Toddlers cleaning set

(16 Posts)
SweetApril Thu 12-Feb-09 17:10:26

Hi. I'm trying to find a cleaning set for 2-yr-o DD who loves to do a bit of sweeping and mopping.

ELC have a nice one in their catalogue but none in stock online or in any or their stores and not likely to be, apparently hmm

Other than that I can only find cheap and flimsy (£3.99) or wooden and expensive (£20). I don't mind spending about a tenner but any more seems a bit excessive.

I don't need a huge trolley thing just a broom, mop, dustpan and brush. I thought it would be really easy to find but no...
TIA

Rosie29 Thu 12-Feb-09 17:37:30

Sorry can't help much, just wanted to say that we have the ELC mop and brush set and it is great if you can find one/order it. Although the dd's do like to fence with them and it often ends in tears! Good Luck

buggylovinmummy Thu 12-Feb-09 18:03:32

Again the ELC one is fab

ContainsWildPerilousLuurve Thu 12-Feb-09 18:13:32

Don't do it!

Buy her a pogo stick instead grin.

SweetApril Thu 12-Feb-09 19:22:02

But then who will do the cleaning, CWPL? wink

callmeovercautious Thu 12-Feb-09 19:23:54

Pop into a local toy shop and buy the bits individually. We got a broom for £1.99 and a Dust pan and Brush for the same money. Then just give her a sponge, small bucket and empty spray bottl - and off she will go grin

morningpaper Thu 12-Feb-09 19:24:43

the Entertainer has several

SweetApril Thu 12-Feb-09 19:33:09

Callmeover...I managed to find a broom but can't find the other bits anywhere. Good idea about the little bucket and sponge - I'm sure I've seen some very cute mini heart-shaped buckets somewhere.

Morningpaper, do you think you could post a link? I've just looked on the Entertainer site (it is aka toyshop.com right?) under "pretend home and play" and can't find anything. Thanks.

morningpaper Thu 12-Feb-09 19:35:06

will check but I know that in-store I have seen three sets

God I can't beleive I retain that sort of useless information

morningpaper Thu 12-Feb-09 19:36:43

can't see one on the site, sorry!

Marne Thu 12-Feb-09 19:37:22

We got dd the mop and bucket from the entertainer, she loves it and we also have a brush from there too. I think you can only get them in store.

Does this help?

DD's cleaning trolley is all Cif branded. It was a present from a relative who picked it up in T K Maxx apparently, so wouldn't have been that expensive I'd have thought

MollieO Thu 12-Feb-09 23:24:52

this and this.

I can vouch for both being hardwearing and actually quite useful smile

SweetApril Fri 13-Feb-09 10:39:18

Thanks, Biscuits. I've seen that one but thought it looked a bit small and flimsy. DD is tall and I want it to last a bit so that she can eventually clean the whole house!

MollieO - those look like what I'm after. Fab, thanks!

FeelingLucky Fri 13-Feb-09 20:56:50

OMG, I was just going to buy the dustpan and brush and broom you recommended MollieO and the total is £23.54 shock Basically, shipping is a tenner.

Can anyone recommend anything similar but cheaper?

Spent my lunch break in Westfield Shopping Centre today whizzing between ELC and the Entertainer. Unfortunately, the ELC didn't have the £8 broom and dustpan and brush set (only the £25 one) and the Entertainer's looked really too flimsy.

SweetApril Fri 13-Feb-09 21:51:31

Oh, flaps, I didn't work out the total cost. That shipping is very high.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now