Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

do you have a water dispenser in your fridge and

(15 Posts)
cod Sun 10-Apr-05 15:51:31

Message withdrawn

nutcracker Sun 10-Apr-05 15:52:21

Wouldn't the novelty wear off though ??

nutcracker Sun 10-Apr-05 15:52:47

Oh and no i don't have one.

SueW Sun 10-Apr-05 16:04:09

Yes we do and maybe. In the summer it's very popular but in hte winter I htink it makes not a blind bit of difference.

And I don't drink it cos I think it tastes foul. Something the fileter does to it

jasper Sun 10-Apr-05 16:14:36

Yes and yes.

Got one thanks to mumsnet advice.
The kids love it .

SoupDragon Sun 10-Apr-05 16:21:32

Absolutely - DSs drink far more water now they can help themselves from the water dispenser in our fridge. The ice dispenser is a great attraction too. Ours is a plumbed in version. No parental intervention required when they're thirsty

cod Sun 10-Apr-05 17:37:42

Message withdrawn

bonym Sun 10-Apr-05 17:56:15

Yes & yes AND dh hardly ever drank water before we got it and now he drinks loads!

bonym Sun 10-Apr-05 17:57:25

Oh - nutty, the novelty still hasn't wormn off after 2years+!

bonym Sun 10-Apr-05 17:57:42

worn, obviously

fairyfly Sun 10-Apr-05 17:58:25

CAN YOU BUY THEM TO PUT IN AN EXISTING FRIDGE?

SoupDragon Sun 10-Apr-05 21:15:26

You can buy a big cannister with a tap on it I think, FF. Your children would have to be able to open the fridge door themselves though.

Demented Sun 10-Apr-05 21:19:43

Yes but my mother broke it, I suppose it does say in the instructions not to be used by young children and the elderly! It is under a cover plan (thankfully accidental damage is included) but I just haven't got round to phoning them. DS2 went through a lovely phase of covering the kitchen floor with ice cubes and water, whenever our backs were turned but thankfully the novelty seems to have worn off.

binkybetsy Sun 10-Apr-05 21:27:54

We have one which is plumbed into the mains, but the water runs through a complex water filter before it's dispensed. This makes it taste wonderful! My kids are a little young to work it themselves but we definitely drink more and their juice is made with the filtered water. They love the ice maker as well.

cod Sun 10-Apr-05 21:29:29

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: