Talk

Advanced search

Can I bend your ear about Avon?

(29 Posts)
BubblesDeVere Sun 10-Apr-05 13:08:38

I am a Sales Leader with avon, and at the minute recruiting, I am wanting to do posters to encourage people, but, unfortunately Avon has a bad name.

What sort of things would encourage you if you were interested? i.e. what would encourage you if you read a poster or flyer.

Also, if you were shoved an Avon book through your letterbox and it had a leaflet in it from the new representative introducing him/herself, what sort of information would you like to see on it?

Dior Sun 10-Apr-05 13:26:19

Message withdrawn

noddyholder Sun 10-Apr-05 13:28:10

I have an avon lady in my road and i often buy things they are v good and the anew stuff is brilliant

lou33 Sun 10-Apr-05 13:28:46

i dont think they have a bad name either, i order their stuff, a lot. I love the fact i can get so many deals and spend half what I should be.

I order online or on the phone usually. They need to have a word with themselves about the website and delivery times tho, both are a pita.

BubblesDeVere Sun 10-Apr-05 13:44:50

i agree with the delivery times, they are a bit dire, I am also hooked on the anew stuff especially the day defence moisturiser and the 2 step clinical facial peel.

Maybe I should have explained myself a bit better, quite a while ago there was a deal where if you spent a certain amount of money you got a free mobile phone, the person who was a rep at this time, took hundreds of pounds worth of order, but, kept all the vouchers and sold the phones to make a massive profit instead of giving them to her customers.

Since that happened people round here are quite vary of any avon ladies, plus they never seem to last for more than 2 or 3 brochures.

lou33 Sun 10-Apr-05 13:57:30

i think delivery times of that length are their biggest probs for me, no way should it be taking that long, and it is v offputting

BubblesDeVere Sun 10-Apr-05 13:59:16

How long do you usually have to wait

vickiyumyum Sun 10-Apr-05 14:11:07

i don't think that avon has a bad name. i was quite pleased when i moved into my new house to discover that we had an avon lady! but even though i love some of the stuff they do, i couldn't put up with the rudeness and nosiness of the avon lady, and so stopped ordering from her.
i don't think that i would be interested in what a piece of paper had to say about the person as on paper, my avon lady looked nice, but when you met her, i've never met anyone so rude. so i personally would prefer a quick chat with the new rep, to get to know them. i not asking her/him to become my new best friend, just that when they knock on my door wanting to earn money from me i expect them to be poilte and friendly.

nutcracker Sun 10-Apr-05 14:13:04

Can you order of ther website direct or do you have to have an avon lady ?????

Oh and could someone to a link to the site pretty please. I tried to find it but kept getting an error message.

lou33 Sun 10-Apr-05 14:31:33

7 - 10 days

TinyGang Sun 10-Apr-05 14:40:34

I like their jewellery and I'm always surprised at how much else they've branched into. I have had occasion to return a couple of things but there was no problem. We've had a variety of Avon ladies over the last few years (currently it's a man I believe)

Am I right in thinking that if you order from them directly you pay post and packing, but you don't if you order from a rep? It's a bit of a wait for it to turn up, true enough.

What about offering 'parties' like Body shop do? They seem quite popular round here and women like to get together for things like that. Also it's a way of trying things before you buy, which you can't do with just the book.

sunnyskies Sun 10-Apr-05 15:07:48

I hadn't heard the story about the mobile phones but would love to have an Avon lady knock at my door - like the products- someone sometimes has a book at work but it can be hit and miss if she brings it

Munchkinola Sun 10-Apr-05 15:10:55

avon website -- hopefully ...

sunnyskies Sun 10-Apr-05 15:14:44

Thanks

sunnyskies Sun 10-Apr-05 15:14:52

Thanks

nutcracker Sun 10-Apr-05 15:16:06

Thanks

noddyholder Sun 10-Apr-05 15:20:49

the clinical advanced facial peel is amazing When I first used it my face looked quite red for about an hour but when it calmed down it looked so smooth it is like washing in really fine sand.I really like the stuff although I do use other brands aswell My avon lady is lovely

BubblesDeVere Sun 10-Apr-05 17:30:22

Vicky, that is terrible, i hope you at least reported her,what was she doing? i am now on first name terms with all my customers and it takes ages to deliver goods etc as i stand chatting for ages.

Tinygang, I am going for my training to do 'Home Parties' hopefully on the 29th of this month so, hopefully Avon will be advertising that in the near future.

Also as for trying items, if you ask your representative, she should be able to get you sample sachets to try different things.

breeze Sun 10-Apr-05 17:49:04

Think avon only has a bad name with rep's as service is useless.

Whizzz Sun 10-Apr-05 19:50:21

The only problem is that once you've had 2 or 3 brouchures, you have ordered all the stuff you need. Although I always like looking through to see what offers they have (my mum has an Avon rep). I think any new rep shoudl have some sort of guarantee as to when your order will turn up - seems to take forever (therefore tempting just to go to Boots !)

Dior Sun 10-Apr-05 20:10:10

Message withdrawn

debs26 Sun 10-Apr-05 20:11:19

i love avon stuff and used to be a rep but gave up because it was so embarassing letting customers down time after time when stuff didnt turn up (despite me promising them because avon had promised me). think breeze is part right that reps are 1st to get annoyed but customers do notice - my friend gave up for same reason. one of her customers was 7 orders behind and was owed lots of stuff. as it was part of a buy one get something free it was really awkward because the free stuff had been used so she couldnt cancel.

pixel Sun 10-Apr-05 22:57:54

I've not had much luck with Avon I'm afraid. I paid for some stuff from one rep and never got the goods or the money back. Ok that was the rep's fault but at Christmas I was persuaded by another rep to try again against my better judgement. I ordered quite a lot of items as presents. I got a perfume minus the free watch, another perfume with a substituted necklace (not as nice)and a set of toiletries minus one item. As it was a different price for the set (came in a matching toiletry bag)than for buying the items individually I paid for the lot and was promised the missing item asap. Instead of sending the item I needed Avon duplicated one that I already had. By then it was too near Christmas to get a replacement so I was promised the money for that item. I never got that either and have never seen the Avon lady since.

I don't suppose I'll bother again. It's just too much faffing around even though I like the products.

ebbie22 Sun 10-Apr-05 23:21:03

Just wanted you to know that I have been an Avon lady for nearly a year,and it can get really stressful...
But thankfully I have lovely customers that everytime I think Avon are taking the p* out of me and my customers they always talk me round to staying..
And to be truthful I love going round to pick up the bks with my dd,as we get to spend time singing down the road or splashing in the puddles when its raining...I know that if We didnt have to pick up or deliever every day then somedays I wouldnt make the effort to go out with dd and spend the time that I love with her...
So if anyone lives near houghton regis...lol

BubblesDeVere Mon 11-Apr-05 07:38:03

I am shocked at how many people actually pay for the goods and are waiting for items and never see their money or products again.

Avon is shocking at sending items and i have only had one complete order since i have been a rep, but, there is a new manager so hopefully she will pull her finger out and sort it out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: