Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dinamico - Self-Propelled Buggy

(23 Posts)
hub2dee Sat 09-Apr-05 07:12:30

We've had heated baby wipe holders, and now it looks like we have powered strollers:

Peg Perego (are they M&P in the UK or something else ?) introduced a battery powered buggy last year:

Looky Here !

If high end pushcahirs like the Bugaboo / Xplory / Mountain Buggy can approach £500, you've got to guess that the powered market will grow in size...

emmatmg Sat 09-Apr-05 07:27:14

Ridiculous!

hub2dee Sat 09-Apr-05 07:42:47

emmatmg ! It's a significant breakthrough, surely....

KatieMac Sat 09-Apr-05 07:45:18

How are we going to loose our post prg. wt if buggies are now powered....

emmatmg Sat 09-Apr-05 07:50:38

I mean, how hard is it to push a buggy up a hill FGS.

I very much doubt the people that live in the foothills of K2, Everest, Kilimanjaro(Sp?) would need a self propelled buggy so I can only ask Why? why? why?

I'll stick with my original statment I think

hub2dee Sat 09-Apr-05 08:06:03

Can't believe this is how progress is embraced. You lot...

This buggy is marketed to:

- those in hilly areas - any Brighton residents interested ?

- grandparents - bit crickety but want to push the baba ?

And one user group (for whom this may be sensible)

- carpal tunnel sufferers / people with painful arthritis in their hands.

KatieMac - fear not about post pg blubber: The stroller can be pushed manually (phew). ... You could always see it as an extra benefit.... this thing weighs 31 pounds (about 14 kilos) so is a fair old weight. If you practice carrying that into the boot of your car 20 times per day, three times per day as per the Surgeon General's recommendations you should look swell in no time at all.

hub2dee Sat 09-Apr-05 08:07:29

Actually, they've had a lot of interest from the Berber dwellers at the base of the Atlas mountains in Morocco.

hub2dee Sat 09-Apr-05 10:03:52

OMG, There's another one out there:

This time from Hauck's I'coo range:

The 'Peak'

Do you reckon if I strap a flymo motor to my Mountain Buggy I will be as cool ?

lockets Sat 09-Apr-05 10:17:22

Message withdrawn

RTMTMML Sat 09-Apr-05 10:19:43

lockets are you not dressed yet. Your pal Camilla's getting wed shortly and you promised to attend

DH is gutted he thought the self-propelling buggy was his idea. PMSL

lockets Sat 09-Apr-05 10:23:48

Message withdrawn

hub2dee Sat 09-Apr-05 10:30:10

I thank you for your concern but assure you it is not necessary.

I have scheduled a meeting with Team Renault to work on an F1 version of these buggies and will be attempting a 'round the M25 in < 1 hour' ride next week.

Ameriscot2005 Sat 09-Apr-05 10:41:18

I have a self-propelled lawnmower...

lockets Sat 09-Apr-05 10:45:09

Message withdrawn

hub2dee Sat 09-Apr-05 10:55:22

I was thinking of asking dw to drive actually, as she will be the one pushing it. She can test to 30 / 32 weeks pg, depending on the insurance IIRC...

Ameriscot: Husqvana or Friendly Robotics Mowbot ? Does it blow your clippings back into the lawn and are you satisifed with that ?

lockets Sat 09-Apr-05 10:57:15

Message withdrawn

hub2dee Sat 09-Apr-05 11:20:24

Oh yeah. You got one to spare lockets ? No guarantees, mind you...

daddytypes has a lovely little piece on men (French in the article, but probably applies to all nationalities), sex, and strollers.

Clicky here .

Ameriscot2005 Sat 09-Apr-05 11:36:32

It's a Honda, Hub2Dee. It mulches the clippings so no collecting!

hub2dee Sat 09-Apr-05 11:49:51

Sorry, Amriscot... I thought you meant self-propelled and autonomous - you know the ones which need no human operator...

I've got a self-propelled mower too: 1963 Atco 12 inch rotary ! Bought it off a nutter on ebay. Goes like stink !

Just out of interest, do you find this 'shredded grass mulch' disappears out of sight or are the clippings a bit ugly ?

RnB Sat 09-Apr-05 11:58:55

Message withdrawn

fruitful Sat 09-Apr-05 16:50:30

Wow! I've been saying they should make one of those for ages. Then you need a buggy board (for mum to stand on) and you're away! Fabulous. Wonder how you'd steer though?

I've had a cs both times, and been housebound afterwards because there was no way I could push the pram up our steep hill for weeks afterwards. Ds is now 8 weeks and I could manage it, just, but only if dd is co-operative and walks up. So we drive to the park at the moment...

Mind you, are you allowed to have them on the pavement in Britain? And if they had to go on the road, would they need to be taxed? I remember there was a lot of fuss about motorised scooters on the road a while ago. (thats scooter as in skateboard thing with a handle).

Ameriscot2005 Sat 09-Apr-05 17:55:03

Hub, the clipping vanish like magic. Don't know how, but they do .

We lent the mower to our neighbour last weekend, and it was rather amusing to watch him engage the drive without realising that it would take off.

hub2dee Sat 09-Apr-05 18:43:08

Hi RnB ! Get one ! Bargain at £500. Not. Still, I suppose mugaboos et al cost that much !

I think to keep the weight low, the battery range is limited to about 1 1/2 hours, but you could always push it like a normal (though heavy) stroller if you're out 'n about.

fruitful: I think max speed is 3mph so they're not really in the same league as scooters / Segways etc. etc. - they have some kind of ignition key - how crazy is that ! I can see how post cs this sort of stroller could be very useful. Perhaps there is a niche market in rentals for one month at a time...

Ameriscot: Your shredding section must be very good quality for the mulch to be so fine. The decaying grass is supposed to be excellent food for the lawn...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now