Talk

Advanced search

has anyone tried a babydan stockholm pushchair?

(64 Posts)
babydrip Fri 06-Feb-09 23:20:16

Hi all just seen that this can 'take' upto a fair weight!....has anyone seen one or used one??
love Tracey
xxx

foxytocin Sat 07-Feb-09 08:47:14

I have one. It is fab. a big 3yo does not look squashed in it. It should even be able to take a 4yo but I don't have one. smile IMO the suspension is better than that of a Mclaren Techno XT. In fact it is all over better than a mclaren and just that bit bigger in every way. It is built to last and last.

I thought that they are no longer made. Is that true?

Pippinella Sat 07-Feb-09 18:57:20

There's a great video demo of one on youtube by Kiddicare!

babydrip Mon 09-Feb-09 16:36:38

Hi thankyou very much!
ive just looked at you tube! great!
foxytocin could you do me a huge favour and measure the back of the seat up to the hood please.
thankyou soooo much
love and hugs
Tracey
xxx

foxytocin Mon 09-Feb-09 18:00:50

sorry, i can't as i am in abu dhabi and my pushchair is in the UK. we forgot to bring it out. blush

it will take a 4yo on the 90%, if that is any help.

i have a friend with one and i could ask her to measure it, if you like. she recommended it to me in the first place and wroe a review for it somewhere. i'll google to see if i can find it.

foxytocin Mon 09-Feb-09 18:05:33

sorry, i can't as i am in abu dhabi and my pushchair is in the UK. we forgot to bring it out. blush

i have a friend with one and i could ask her to measure it, if you like. she recommended it to me in the first place and wrote a review for it somewhere. i'll google to see if i can find it.

here

foxytocin Mon 09-Feb-09 18:08:35

i have a friend with one and i could ask her to measure it, if you like. she recommended it to me in the first place and wrote a review for it somewhere. i'll google to see if i can find it.

here

foxytocin Mon 09-Feb-09 18:09:18

sorry about that. dodgy internet connection

babydrip Mon 09-Feb-09 22:35:11

oh fantastic that would be lovely!
bless you! hope your having fun!...is it heavy to push or??? our little one is 3 and half, petite and weighs 15.1 kgs thats why i liked the look of it
love
Tracey
xx

foxytocin Tue 10-Feb-09 03:15:31

My dd2 had a broken leg with full leg cast in Sept 08 when she was 3.6yo and weighing 14kgs but is 1m tall. She did not look squashed in it at all. The top of her head was not at the top of the back and even with a winter coat on (cast was on till late October) she did not fill up the width of the pushchair while she looked v. squashed in a Mclaren Quest the previous March. Her foot only barely rested on the foot rest too. The wheels are bigger so the whole pushchair is about another 2cms off the ground compared to McLarens.

It was the perfect pushchair for a child with a broken leg as with the newborn function where the front bit slides out, it supported her leg with the cast. In fact, dd2 has never been in this pushchair as I always had her in a wrap sling with dd2 in the pushchair. grin

As for pushing, I didn't think it was hard to push. I have only pushed a McLaren Quest and this Babydan so I don't have much experience to go by.

I'll send my friend a link to this page and hopefully she will be able to answer you soon.

babydrip Tue 10-Feb-09 20:20:56

thankyou so much for all your help i am definatly tempted...dont surpose youd like to sell yours!! lol grin only joking!
just want to check ive been looking at the right one! is this it?
here
love
Tracey
xx

lecohen Tue 10-Feb-09 23:24:34

wow. You make it sound amazing. Maybe i'll get one lol

foxytocin Wed 11-Feb-09 06:12:41

no, i am not selling mine. [lol]

yes it is the same pushchair (i bought it from the same company) but in a different colour.

babydrip Wed 11-Feb-09 21:41:23

lol grin lol i was joking but hey ho! lol
ooh im so so tempted....now how to get it past dh! lol
xxxx

babydrip Sun 15-Feb-09 23:40:21

Thankyou foxytocin an all....ive bidded and won a second hand one! in the candy stripe complete with raincover and a bag!..looks gorgeous!
If all goes to plan it will arrive Tues....When dh away!! grin....i can hide it in my boot whilst i sell one of the others! lmho!!
thankyou all again for your help
love and hugs
Tracey
xxxx

babydrip Sun 15-Feb-09 23:40:21

Thankyou foxytocin an all....ive bidded and won a second hand one! in the candy stripe complete with raincover and a bag!..looks gorgeous!
If all goes to plan it will arrive Tues....When dh away!! grin....i can hide it in my boot whilst i sell one of the others! lmho!!
thankyou all again for your help
love and hugs
Tracey
xxxx

foxytocin Mon 16-Feb-09 07:36:37

snurk!

how much did you pay?

i am the same with wrap slings. i have between 12 and 15 at any one time and end up selling one or two and acquiring one or two so I never can thin out my stash.

I quietly buy them but he knows when he checks the accounts anyway. blush

lecohen Mon 16-Feb-09 08:41:31

Oh I saw that one on ebay, looks fab and comes with the matching bag, was tempted myself

babydrip Mon 16-Feb-09 08:52:26

Oops Lecohen! Yep id bin watchin it 4 ages! Foxy i paid £31 n pal sorted courier 4 £10! So im hoping i got a bargin! Il post wen it arrives! Hopefuly b gud 4 our skiing holiday! X x x

lecohen Tue 17-Feb-09 09:42:50

Good on you, let us know what you think of it when it arrives x

lecohen Sun 21-Jun-09 12:20:06

Found this old thread again and am now looking to get one myself...any more opinions on this...babydrip where are you?

lecohen Mon 22-Jun-09 09:13:54

baby (dan) bump

babydrip Tue 23-Jun-09 20:55:52

sorry darling didnt see this
yep got mine from ebay 2nd hand, complete with raincover and change bag.
fab pushchair...mines in candystripe very cute!
reclines flat and the end (where babes head is) can either be sort of turned up (making like a carrycot type) or down like normal.
handles adjust - very sturdy and robust!.....doesnt feel particular heavy when pushing etc.
the only fault with it is the rubber on the handles had sort of 'peeled' a bit but i trimmed them and are ok now.
If you need anymore let me know.
love
Tracey
xxx

lecohen Tue 23-Jun-09 21:59:39

Hiya,

Thanks for replying x

Is the fabric nice? Did you manage to find a footmuff to match? Am thinking of getting the same one as yours...but can't decide on it for sure...should I bother with the bag?

What are the wheels like?

Can I see pics of yours?

Do you use it with a buggy board?

Many thanks in advance

babydrip Tue 23-Jun-09 22:13:24

grin il take some pics tomorrow.
fabric is nice sort of thicker deck chair tyoe iyswim, washes fab!
the bag is lovely...lots of pockets...and in same candystripe...il take pics
I made my own liner and stayput blanket...as i last used it in Feb when we went skiing, so made a thick pink fur stayput blanket....
wheels...mmmmm 'normal' whatever that is! lol! not tiny like a lot of umbrella's ive seen but not huge! hmm sorry not much help there! lol
sorry ive not used a buggy board with mine so wouldnt know.
hth...anymore just ask
xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now