Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

No idea what to get 3yo DD for her birthday - any ideas?

(18 Posts)
vacaloca Wed 04-Feb-09 15:52:53

She's got an older sister so she's got lots of girly stuff already, plus she's a bit of a tomboy. I really can't think of anything at all. Please help!

staryeyed Wed 04-Feb-09 15:59:14

what about a trike/bike/balance bike?

An indoor trampoline?

vacaloca Wed 04-Feb-09 16:06:51

they've got a trampoline (in fact DD1's 3rd bday present). Hardly play with it. She's got a bike (DD's old bike) - see? that's why I'm struggling. She's already inherited all the usual 3rd bday presents...

etchasketch Wed 04-Feb-09 16:09:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SoupDragon Wed 04-Feb-09 16:11:17

I've just got DD this hideous pink 3 wheeled scooter. It's more like her big brothers' micro scooters than the one she has currently (which was DS1s originally )

vacaloca Wed 04-Feb-09 16:29:08

She got a scooter when DS was born and is in fact one of the most played with things she has. MIL is getting her skates <shudder>. They've got an easel and hardly play with it. I don't think she's into jewellery boxes so far. God this is so difficult. They just have too much stuff - that's the problem.

ruddynorah Wed 04-Feb-09 16:33:34

a teepee or fancy wendy house?

KristinaM Wed 04-Feb-09 16:36:00

train set
duplo
hot wheels race track & cars
scooter
peppa pig

are the most popular toys with my 3yo

plus pram and dolls stuff but I'm guessing you have them

oregonianabroad Wed 04-Feb-09 16:39:53

Why not take her out for the day to do something that she chooses? If they've already got piles of toys, why add more?

staryeyed Wed 04-Feb-09 17:25:34

sand pit/ water play

easel

weddingcake Wed 04-Feb-09 17:32:26

Hobby Horse? Dressing up clothes? Bubble maker?

sweetkitty Wed 04-Feb-09 17:41:39

I had the same problem 2 weeks ago, DD2's 3rd birthday have all the girly stuff already and she is a total tomboy, all she asked for was a Hulk!

We got her a VTech Vsmile as figured it would be a present for the both of them
Hulk
Wall-e and Eve (she loves them)
Books
Jigsaws
ELC tin of animals

vacaloca Wed 04-Feb-09 19:49:30

Hmm... hot wheels could be a possibility. I think she'd like that sort of thing.

I'm happy for it not to be a toy, but can't think what. Unfortunately taking her out somewhere won't really feel like a present to her - she still loves the unwrapping.

Thanks for all the ideas. Keep them coming if you've got any more.

EachPeachPearMum Thu 05-Feb-09 03:51:32

DD 3 today- loving matchbox cars atm
farm animals
dressing up stuff
beads for threading
watercolour paints- likes mixing and experimenting, not too messy as clean upreally easily

oregonianabroad Thu 05-Feb-09 09:43:00

My dses (almost 2 and almost 4) have been endlessly amused by mini whiteboards and pens lately.

missblythe Thu 05-Feb-09 09:47:07

My tomboy DD is 3 next month, and she will be getting

a trunk filled with non-pink dressing up stuff (so far, have got cowboy, vet, paramedic, safari explorer!)

lots of arty-crafty stuff for glueing/painting/drawing etc (ELC have 20% off all theirs at the moment.)

scarletlilybug Thu 05-Feb-09 09:48:27

Has she got a balance bike?

Got on of these for 3-year-old dd at Christmas and she really loves it. A million times better than a tricycle/bike with stabilisers (IMO) (and hers).

vacaloca Fri 06-Feb-09 20:02:28

Thanks all - some good ideas here. Though I think in the end we've settled for some playmobil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now