Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Senseo Coffee-maker - anyone got one? Any good?

(11 Posts)
Marina Thu 07-Apr-05 20:27:15

I'd really appreciate any feedback - thinking of getting one for the team at work. We currently drink instant, all grumble about it, but are all too tight to frequent Costa.
Is the coffee these things produce as a good as a cafetiere/percolator? Or are we talking conference-room vending machine sludge...
Thanks in advance for any insights. I notice they are the subject of a big cashback promotion at the mo so am wondering if they are either useless or good but overpriced.

Yorkiegirl Thu 07-Apr-05 20:29:10

Message withdrawn

bargainhunter Thu 07-Apr-05 23:48:25

Got ours from Argos with 5 free packs of pods. Prefer medium roast. The 1 cup measure is a bit on the small side, so I use a bigger cup and press 2 cup button with 1 coffee pod, which doesn't water it down as much as you might think. The capacity of the water tank is not very much (4 small cups) before it needs refilling. I'm impressed with the coffee, also tried Kenco pods (medium) but I don't rate these as much as the proper Senseo ones.
Yorkiegirl - where did you get the mocha pods from? Are they proper Senseo ones or another brand?

fairydust Fri 08-Apr-05 06:50:17

i really want a tassimo as these do all different coffee's /tea/hot chocolate so something for everyone.

Marina Fri 08-Apr-05 11:00:18

Thanks for comments everyone, think I'll get one on this basis.

Ameriscot2005 Fri 08-Apr-05 11:02:49

You can get a Senseo with Nectar points too. I've been tempted, but am torn between that and the Tassimo (for its flexibility), which of course is close to £100 , so it's not an easy decision.

pupuce Fri 08-Apr-05 11:16:50

Are the pods not expensive ?
I was going to get (well it was to be a present) a Nespresso but the capsules are £0.25 each.... and then its Nestle anyway which is against my ethics.. so I gave it a miss... but Nespresso coffees are fab !

Marina Fri 08-Apr-05 11:43:24

They're still cheaper than Costa Pupuce

Yorkiegirl Fri 08-Apr-05 17:46:06

Message withdrawn

bargainhunter Fri 08-Apr-05 23:02:20

Thanx Yorkiegirl, I'll give them a try .

Amazon are doing a Senseo machine in white for £42.97 with free delivery. You can also get an extra large water tank to hold 10 small cups on e-bay which may come in handy using one of these for work.

Carameli Sat 09-Apr-05 12:31:20

I just thought I'd let people know here that there is 15% off the tassimo at tesco onlne today. They just sent me an email about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now