Talk

Advanced search

WTF HAVE RICH TEA FINGERS GONE???!!!

(18 Posts)
SleepyJess Thu 07-Apr-05 16:48:58

Sorry for shouting.. .. but am stressed.. because Rich Tea Fingers appear to have disappeared off all the shelves of all our shops, in the last two months! And my little man (age 4) is distraught because these are his main treat due to dairy intolerences.

It's not just McVities.. they've all gone! We've tried Tesco, Asda, Safeway and Sainsburies as well as small shops.

Can anyone shed any light?? I might have to Google them and email Someone In Authority about the situation!!

SJ x

PiccadillyCircus Thu 07-Apr-05 16:52:04

I think I've got them from Morrisons, but can't remember when I last bought them.

SleepyJess Thu 07-Apr-05 16:53:49

Morrisons is the same as Safeway now isn't it? Because ours don't have them! It's a real mystery! How can a much loved, long standing member of the biscuit family suddenly vanish without trace?!

SJ x

wild Thu 07-Apr-05 16:54:22

try the co-op?

northerner Thu 07-Apr-05 16:54:56

Does it have to be rich tea fingers or will round rich tea suffice?

SleepyJess Thu 07-Apr-05 16:55:43

I don't think we have tried the Co-op.. so will do..thanks. but I wonder why they are suddenly gone lik that.

SJ x

melsy Thu 07-Apr-05 16:57:02

Hiya sleepyjess how are you?

Its soooo anoying when these things happen!!

M&S do some,the long thin ones.My little one loves them too!

SleepyJess Thu 07-Apr-05 16:57:05

Northerner.. well he struggles a bit handling the round ones.. as he has cerebral palsy. The fingers were just right for his grip.

(Plus the round ones don't fit neatly into your ,ug when dunking! )

SleepyJess Thu 07-Apr-05 16:58:51

Hiya Melsy

Cripes.. I don't love him that much.. to buy the amount of RTFs that he eats in M&S! LOL.. just kidding.. but we don't have an M&S for miles.. but worth knowing, thank you!

SJx

SleepyJess Thu 07-Apr-05 16:59:19

DH has tried the Co-op apparently.. no luck

BethAndHerBrood Thu 07-Apr-05 17:19:58

A little shop in my town had loads the other day!!!

Want some posting????!!!!

Gizmo Thu 07-Apr-05 17:21:21

Weeelll, according to Nice Cup of Tea and A Sit Down.Com it seems McVities have had a rebrand so it may just be that your Rich Tea either look different or have been pulled temporarily while the new packaging comes online. Don't despair - they'll be back!

Gizmo Thu 07-Apr-05 17:22:31

Blast. Try again:

Nice Cup of Tea and A Sit Down.Com

SleepyJess Thu 07-Apr-05 17:32:21

Thank Gizmo for the link..

BethAndHerBrood.. I would feel terrible asking you to do such a thing! But it would be wonderful if you possibly could!! Is this practical? How can I pay you (for the actual biscuits and whatever the postage might be..) Or were you kidding??

SJ x (Desperate as you can tell! )

BethAndHerBrood Thu 07-Apr-05 17:36:26

CAT me with your email. We'll work something out.

SleepyJess Thu 07-Apr-05 18:05:42

Have done Beth, thank you

fee77 Thu 07-Apr-05 18:23:04

I have been searching too. My local sainsburys ran out after christmas, and most of the biscuit aisle was empty with a note saying that they were having problems getting certain biscuits as one factory based in carlisle had been flooded - i just assumed they had all gone soggy! We have swapped to malted milk biscuits.

jenkel Thu 07-Apr-05 18:28:55

I noticed this too, they are just the right shape for little hands too hold. Hope they do come back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now