Talk

Advanced search

can you tell me about your bike, child trailer, childseat please?

(6 Posts)
geraldinetheluckygoat Sun 01-Feb-09 19:21:08

Im trying to decide on a bike to use to do the school run. My 3yo rides his own bike, and i have one two year old and sometimes an 18mo to take along too (am a cm)
I would like a very sensible ladies bike, like a shopper or something like that, something comfy to ride and not too heavy.
I am considering getting one of those trailers to put the little ones in, do you have one? Is it really heavy (not drastically unfit but am quite unfit, want to get the bike for excercise).
The other option is to only bike on the mornings when i have just my 2yo and to put him in a bike seat so im interested to know which bikeseats you have and are they good?
Budget is about £100 for the bike and £100 for trailer, am looking to get in sales or second hand!
TIA for any advice...

geraldinetheluckygoat Sun 01-Feb-09 20:47:28

anyone?

Mung Sun 01-Feb-09 20:50:18

I have a chariot trailer and I really love it. It is so great to tow and the children love it.I put my 3 year old and 1.5 year old in it. I wish my 3 year old would ride his own bike...you have done well there!

The chariots are not cheap and they are tough to get hold of second hand.

Not much help to you really, but if you do see one for a good price then get it.

geraldinetheluckygoat Sun 01-Feb-09 21:05:22

no that is helpful! I have seen some trailers for just over a hundred quid, here is yours this sort of thing? Do you have to be super fit to tow it?? (worried about buying it and then finding it traumatic to tow!!)
My three year old will be four in march, so hes at the tail end of 3! He loves his bike, its half hour walk to school and he bikes all the way.....trying to get him to walk is like pulling teeth though! grin

Mung Sun 01-Feb-09 21:22:06

this is like mine, although I have a 2 seater its really easy to tow, but I think its because its a good one. I used it as a double buggy and it was really easy to handle, easier than my single maclaren buggy. Can't you go and try towing a few in the shops to see what they are like?

I am not fit at all and I can tow it. They suggest practicing with a load other than children at first though to get used to it.

geraldinetheluckygoat Sun 01-Feb-09 21:29:49

ah ok, it does look better than the cheaper ones, more streamlined, so probably lighter as well. I will see if they will let me try some when i get my bike. Reassured that you arent fit either lol!!
thanks for your help, Mung smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now