Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New sibling book

(4 Posts)
merglemergle Thu 07-Apr-05 08:46:17

Ds is 19 months and we are expecting a new baby (girl) in 3 months.

I'm looking for a few books to get him used to the idea.

All recommendations welcome but he does like highly illustrated books, eg Dogger, Maurice Sendak, Barefoot books, etc. Not so keen on bolder, less subtle, illustrations like Maisy, Miffy etc. Also not so keen on lots of words, rhymes etc. But I will be driven mad by another single word-single picture book, so something that I can read 5 million times also helpful.

Thanks!

northstar Thu 07-Apr-05 09:07:41

We are currently reading "What Shall We Do With The Boo Hoo Baby?" by Cressida Cowell and Ingrid Godon. Ds absolutely loves it, I can't recommend it highly enough!
We also have "There's a House in my Mummy" but it doesnt hold the same appeal.

welshmum Thu 07-Apr-05 09:24:25

We got 2 yesterday that are going down pretty well with our almost 3 year old. 'There's a house inside my mummy' - it does have a rhyming text though but the pics are great (a brother arrives in the end) We also got a photo based story book 'My New Sister'.
Will be interested to see other recommendations.

merglemergle Sun 10-Apr-05 19:06:24

Thanks/diolch yn fawr (for Welshmum!) for reccomendations. I will look for them on Amazon.

There just doesn't seem to be that many good books about this subject which tbh I am suprised about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now