Talk

Advanced search

Espresso/latte makers - anyone bought one?

(12 Posts)
oscarsmum Tue 05-Apr-05 17:00:03

I'm looking to buy a coffee maker, one of those like you get in coffee shops that makes espressos and has a milk frother. Have looked at one by Kitchen Aid and dh favours the Gaggia Syncrony Compact Digital. Has anyone bought or tasted coffee from these? And should I get a separate bean grinder or an integrated one? I've got a bit of a latte addiction to feed here so I don't want to be disappointed! Thanks

Enid Tue 05-Apr-05 17:01:50

omg my friend has the most amazing one, I have never tasted coffee like it, unfortunately I cant remember the name except it is Italian and begins with 'p'...she says she's had it for 15 years and it has never gone wrong. Will try and find name if you like.

Pamina3 Tue 05-Apr-05 17:03:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hoxtonchick Tue 05-Apr-05 17:34:39

we've got a krups one which was about £120 from john lewis. had a bit of a problem when the pump broke but they eventually sent us a new one. it gets a lot of use & makes fab coffee. no integral grinder though.

elliedragon Tue 05-Apr-05 17:49:17

My husband is coffee mad and i bought him a gaggia cubika for chrimbo. He seems very taken with it, and it proudly sits on the worktop taking up room. Not into coffee myself. He makes me the frothy milk with a dash of coffee in it.

oscarsmum Tue 05-Apr-05 17:54:04

No concensus on brands yet then! Yes, if you could find out the makes, Enid & Pamina 3, that would be fab. I'm not sure that dh looked at the cubika, elliedragon, so will get onto the website and check it out.

MamanFlo Tue 05-Apr-05 18:04:37

our Krups one died a few months ago but DH has been incapable of finding what went wrong...in the meantime my parents have invested in a Nespresso and I must say that we are not interested in the Krups anymore...we wait to get back to France and get a Nespresso on our own

It is just soooo much more convenient !

I am sure you can find one with the milk frother.

Enid Tue 05-Apr-05 19:14:03

its a Pavoni one, here.

starlover Wed 06-Apr-05 09:08:25

we have a krups one which we never use. Can't be arsed to keep cleaning it, specially the milk frother which gets skanky!

starlover Wed 06-Apr-05 09:08:42

it does make nice coffee though! was about £80 from argos

Bagpuss30 Wed 06-Apr-05 09:33:48

We have a nespresso. Makes nice coffee and we don't have to bother about grinding beans, just buy capsules from their website. It also takes no time to heat up so dh can have an espresso even if he's running late for work. Ours was from Selfridges and is a Magimix but lots of other manufacturers make machines under the nespresso name if you have a particular one in mind. HTH

oscarsmum Wed 06-Apr-05 15:12:59

Thanks everyone, the Pavoni looks good Enid and the whole latte love website likes it (you can just tell it's American can't you) so we're now going to look into that. I'm sure the cleaning will annoy me but I've got an addiction to feed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now