Talk

Advanced search

Honestly - has anyone used their travel system (esp Jane 360) after 6 months?

(14 Posts)
Moomin Mon 04-Apr-05 21:46:08

I'm expecting baby no.2 and have been tempted by the jane powertrack 360, the main reason being that it seems very light and easy to maneouvre(sp?). But I'll only buy it if I can get some proof that it is used as a pushchair after the 6-9m period that usually spells the attic for other systems used from birth. I don't want to waste money on something that will be replaced by my ancient citilite before too long!

pixiefish Mon 04-Apr-05 21:47:03

stil using the pram bit of my mamas and papas daily. dd is 14 months

Nemo1977 Mon 04-Apr-05 21:49:02

we used the pram as ds preffered to be sitting up and watching the worl rather than slightly tilted back

Twiglett Mon 04-Apr-05 21:50:27

I used my pliko till DS was out of buggies (but had to have a separate travel buggy in back of the car which stayed there)

with DD I just use a mclaren techno for everythign

expatinscotland Mon 04-Apr-05 21:53:14

No. I was SO ignorant when I first had DD. If I'd have had mumsnet back then, I'd never have bought that travel system.

LipstickMum Mon 04-Apr-05 22:11:36

My dd is 22 months and I use her Powertrack in combination with the Maclaren. Probably about 50,50 I reckon. It really depends where I'm going. For long trips the Jane is way more comfy for her, popping up the road, the Mac is easier in small aisles etc.

cod Mon 04-Apr-05 22:13:47

Message withdrawn

hunkermunker Mon 04-Apr-05 22:14:15

I have a Jane Carrera C that I use for DS - he was one yesterday. He goes in that when we're out en famille and I use the Maclaren Quest when I take him on the tube. He loves the Carrera - sleeps for ages in it and looks so comfy in it.

kikidee Mon 04-Apr-05 22:59:17

DS is one this week and we are still using our Jane Powertrack 360 as it's all we have. We're going on holiday in June and I'm going to get a lightweight buggy (don't get me started on that one, have been deliberating for weeks now) which I'll then just keep in the boot of the car.

I love my Jane (even though I've had a few problems) but it is a bit of pain to get in and out of the car. We've got a decent sized boot but we still need to take the wheels off it to get it in. I didn't have the car while I was on maternity leave but if I had, I would have bought a Maclaren much sooner.

Tommy Mon 04-Apr-05 23:22:43

Still use pram/pushcair bit of Britax Practicale for DS2 who is 19m - find it more comfortable than the little buggy I keep in the car - and the buggy board goes better on it.

dancer77 Mon 04-Apr-05 23:46:39

I still use my pram part of travel system and ds is 15 months. I plan to use it till he is out of the pram because it's more comfortable than the buggy. Although I use the buggy if we're going on a tube or when we go on holiday.

fruitful Tue 05-Apr-05 13:15:03

I got the Jane 360 about 4 months before ds was born, and used it for dd (2y6mo when we got the 360) for a bit. It was sooo much nicer to push than the Maclaren Daytripper! It is so manouvrable that I found it just as easy around the shops, and dd loves it - higher up and more comfortable I think. She has been ousted now but its not too bad to push with her on the buggy board either.

Be warned though - there are a few niggles with it. The disc brake needs very careful adjusting to stop it scraping. The pram is a pain to fold and unfold. And there is a knack to getting the carseat on and off. And the instructions are abysmal. So now you know! But I'd still choose it again.

Gomez Tue 05-Apr-05 13:19:00

DD2 is only 10 months but we still use it all the time and have no intention of buying anything else. I am lucky thou as it fits in my car with no real issues ( 'A' class with a high, narrow boot) so no problems.

First time around had a M & P Pliko trecking which we use all the time too - never felt the need to but a smaller buggy.

koalabear Tue 05-Apr-05 13:27:21

we bought the jane for the flat carseat - and up to six months it was fab - but the buggy DRIVES ME NUTS. Yes, it is great to manoevre, easy to fold, easy to lay down into sleeping position BUT my ds HATES IT. The actual seat is huge and the strap between the legs is quite a way from the backsupport, so he slumps down and ends up sort of curled over rather than sitting up. To counter this, he holds onto the bar across the front so that he can see where he is going. We were thinking that a child of about 8 years could actually fit into the seat comfortably! With no. 2 on the way, we are considering swapping to either a mountain buggy, or a phil&ted.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: