Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Flying with the E3 explorer

(9 Posts)
Noodleboo Mon 04-Apr-05 21:17:04

Has anyone flown recently with the E3???? We have a 9month old and a 2 1/2 year old who wants to be carried everywhere at the moment! We are going to Cyprus in 2 weeks and have considered taking our single buggy, a single buggy and a buggy board, single buggy and babybjorn and two pushchairs - because I am petrified that the E3 will get damaged or will have to handed in with the bags, or will get lost. Has anyone any good advice for me - if we had a double buggy from mothercare I'm sure we would be taking it so maybe I'm being a bit precious about the E3. Please help...!!!

anchovies Mon 04-Apr-05 21:29:50

I asked this question a few weeks ago, didn't really get an answer although somebody did say they had done it and it was fine. Have you seen the travel bag thing you can buy? I keep considering buying it but it is £35!

Noodleboo Wed 06-Apr-05 20:56:07

Thanks Anchovies - maybe people aren't that brave about flying with it! Still, have decided to fly with the bag despite the £££price - hope that it gets thru alright

bluebear Wed 06-Apr-05 21:36:27

We've flown with ours - dh bought it in the USA and flew it home - we used the travel bag, and it was absolutely fine.

jenkel Thu 07-Apr-05 18:31:25

We did, flew to Malta and back but after our experience wouldnt do it again. We put it in the travel bad and it got lost at Heathrow, seems that when its in the travelbag it looks nothing like a buggy and nobody knew what to do with it. We asked for it to meet us off the plane, ended up getting lost and it took them 2 hours to find it.

Noodleboo Fri 08-Apr-05 14:36:04

Oh god - what i am dreading!! Have bought the bag now so its going - just hope it gets thru ok!

Noodleboo Fri 08-Apr-05 14:36:04

Oh god - what i am dreading!! Have bought the bag now so its going - just hope it gets thru ok!

AngelaJH Tue 12-Apr-05 13:06:42

Hi, hope you don't mind me butting in. But can I ask how much it costs to take the E3 on the plane. We have the opportunity to buy one at a fantastic price in USA and have friends coming over to visit soon, who would be able to bring it over with them.
Thanks.

jenkel Tue 12-Apr-05 17:15:58

When we flew with our E3 it went as part as a baggage allowance, but we had a baby with us too. If your friends will be flying with a baby and only have your E3 they will be allowed to take it as part of the baggage allowance. If not, it will form part of their baggage allowance or you will have to pay excess baggage for it, check with the relevant air line web page where they should be able to give you more details. Also, worth considering if you dont need it for a while - surface mail, should be able to get prices for this from the USPS. But also bear mind about customs, if its new it should really be declared and then subject to tax, however not 100% sure if you pay VAT on buggies and even if you dont pay VAT on buggies not sure what Customs and Excise will do, they may still charge!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now