(26 Posts)
Fio2 Mon 04-Apr-05 18:46:53

TESCO

Cadbury Mon 04-Apr-05 18:47:46

pmsl!

RTMTMML Mon 04-Apr-05 18:47:50

I'm there! Consider them sold!

coppertop Mon 04-Apr-05 18:48:38

I've already filled the freezer with them. Just a shame I can't fit any more in. What a bargain.

Fio2 Mon 04-Apr-05 18:49:37

poor Bernard, it almost makes me want to go round and wipe his brow in his Chinese rom/conservatory

beansprout Mon 04-Apr-05 18:50:46

Sales of these have apparently risen by 30%.

cod Mon 04-Apr-05 18:51:00

Message withdrawn

starlover Mon 04-Apr-05 19:37:46

beansprout are you kidding????

Moomin Mon 04-Apr-05 21:05:13

No she's not. I think it's governed by the same mentality of the kids I teach when we discuss what goes into making cheapo sausages. At the end of the lesson there's always a few of them that say 'oh that's made me really hungry - I really fancy a sausage roll now...' and they head straight for the canteen.

piffle Mon 04-Apr-05 21:07:56

I read that as well, if they are BOGOF though it is no wonder sales are rising....

TwoIfBySea Mon 04-Apr-05 21:21:56

Tesco have, over the past few weeks, had an amazing amount of crap food on special offer. I have put in a complaint on the instore suggestion cards asking why they can't do the same for proper food rather than all the junk. I don't really shop there as much as I used to, their fruit and veg areof shocking bad quality.

Maybe they are trying to clear out the stock of Turkey Twizzlers and other rubbish!

miggy Mon 04-Apr-05 21:37:24

Shouldnt this be on the bargains thread-people might miss it here

starlover Tue 05-Apr-05 09:04:03

twoifbysea... I have also stopped shopping at Tesco because of the shit fruit and veg!

example... I spend hideous amount on "Finest" plum tomatoes on the vine. 2 days later "and 2 days before the bbd) they are covered in thick hair!
Mmmmmmmm

We have also complained in store about the awful quality of their "fresh" meat. It is always going brown when you get it out of the packet.

marthamoo Tue 05-Apr-05 09:33:13

I cannot believe sales have increased. I despair.

starlover, I bought Finest plum tomatoes and mine went mouldy in two days too...grrrrrr

Tesco schmesco. I'm going to live on a commune and grown my own vegetables.

hunkermunker Tue 05-Apr-05 09:36:48

I emailed them about their BOGOF on evil turkey twizzlers a while ago. Glad to see I hold such sway with the head of Tesco

Fio2 Tue 05-Apr-05 09:39:58

starlover, i find the beef turns "brown" after a day or two, well before the best before date. IMO if beef is not red it is not fresh. it turns my stomach

lockets Tue 05-Apr-05 09:40:24

Message withdrawn

tarantula Tue 05-Apr-05 09:44:05

lockets your poor kids do you mean to say that they have never tasted the delights of turkey twixzzlers?? they are wonderful 30% pure turkey and full of nutrious fat and additives

marthamoo Tue 05-Apr-05 09:44:05

The Lovely 'Bernard Matthews' Complete Range of Culinary Delights just for you, Lockets.

lockets Tue 05-Apr-05 09:48:13

Message withdrawn

Roobie Tue 05-Apr-05 09:50:43

That Bernard Matthews site is hilarious!! I particularly like the appetizing looking pork tendersteak "shaped into an attractive cutlet shape"

WideWebWitch Tue 05-Apr-05 09:58:29

What's the 'Hungry for Success Anytime Formula' mentioned in connection with twizzlers, anyone know?

starlover Tue 05-Apr-05 10:38:27

it's vile isn't it? I now go to sainsburys, even though it is twice as far! Tesco is within walking distance for us, but I just get tired of wasting so much stuff because it goes off.
They were actually fined a while ago for selling skanky meat, but doesn't seem to have stopped them...
We tried the meat counter at Tesco, thinking it may be better than the pre-packed, but then saw them taking a big vacuum sealed lump of meat out of the fridge which looked like it had been frozen previously... so not FRESH at all!!!

When we visit my parents we stock up from their local butcher... at least we know it's fresh there.
wish there were some greengrocers round here as well though

starlover Tue 05-Apr-05 10:39:44

pmsl at turkey 2004!!!

TwoIfBySea Tue 05-Apr-05 21:24:12

I once cut into a melon I bought at Tesco only to find it hadn't defrosted properly and still had ice crystals in it. Had to bin the whole thing and go without.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now