Talk

Advanced search

ABC Design Zoom Duo pushchair

(13 Posts)
NorktasticNinja Wed 21-Jan-09 20:03:35

Has anyone got one of these? It seems to be the only tandem that fits my rather long list of requirements...

DD will be 18 months when DC2 comes in June.

dsrplus8haggisandneeps Wed 21-Jan-09 20:09:34

havent ever seen a double that can face forward or back before, it looks amazing wish id seen it when i had my twins!grin

fairimum Wed 21-Jan-09 20:14:10

I know a friend of a friend who had one, she loved it but said was very very very long!

NorktasticNinja Wed 21-Jan-09 20:14:17

It folds up amazingly small too, not much bigger than my Bugaboo really.

I went to look at one and it seems to be fab, but there's nothing quite as good as the opinion of someone who has actually used something for a period of time...

NorktasticNinja Wed 21-Jan-09 20:18:04

x

It is loooooong, but the other option (Firstwheels City Twin) is just too wide and it's enormous when folded too...

4andnotout Wed 21-Jan-09 21:16:38

I wanted a rear facing double when i was pregnant with dd4 as there is only a 13 months age gap between dd's 3&4. I got a mamas & papas duette, it can take any combination of 2 seats, 1 carrycot,primo vaggio car seat. I had dd4 is a carrycot lying flat and dd3 in a seat unit facing me. The chassis fold surprising small, comparable to a single mpx chassis. This is mine

NorktasticNinja Wed 21-Jan-09 21:24:57

Thanks for that 4andnotout, I'm not in the UK but I'll have a look if it's available over here.

thisisyesterday Wed 21-Jan-09 21:26:49

where are you? cos the bebe confot twin club is FAB but you can only really get it in europe now

NorktasticNinja Wed 21-Jan-09 22:27:57

I'm in Holland. it looks good but I had a good Google but it doesn't seem to be available here...

thisisyesterday Thu 22-Jan-09 19:29:35

you can get them here they might courier.
i am just trying to work out exactly what I might have to do to persuade dp that I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally need one! lol

i am gutted as one went on ebay recently for £120 and i didn't get it waaaaah

MummyOaks Tue 06-Oct-09 12:36:44

I've got the Zoom and used it the last 3 months and I have to say I love it!
It folds easily, the carrycot is massive and my son is very comfortable in the sport seat.
You can easily put quite a big shop in the basket. Stirring it is really easy too when the front wheels are set on loose, I even steer it with one hand when my son wants to walk, never had a problem. I don't drive so I have to take the bus everywhere and I never struggled. It folds up so small it used to fit in our 3dr Audi a3! And it looks really good!
I have a 16 months difference with my kids. So this is the perfect pushchair for anyone with kids as close together.
The only downside is when the older child is sitting in the front the pushchair is quite heavy and if trying to get up some stairs you will need help (if the big baby is in as well).

MillyMollyMoo Tue 06-Oct-09 13:18:29

I had the duette a few years ago so it may have improved, but back then you couldn't get it up the curbs, the weight and length of it was out of this world. I'm no short, tiny woman and was literally feet off the floor trying to manouver it around.

katet79 Thu 22-Oct-09 13:05:09

Hi,
Found this thread when I was searching for a Zoom pushchair. I could only find used ones on ebay and I really wanted the new colours not the old ones as I wasnt keen on them.
Anyway I emailed ABC designs direct and they were very helpful. They said they are going to be supplying Zoom pushchairs to the UK through www.obaby.co.uk but it could be 4 months plus, which I couldnt wait for so they suggested that I use www.rotalis.biz based in Germany but they sell direct to the UK. I have bought the new design in black including delivery to the UK for £469!! Which I think is fab value!!
Anyway hope this helps :O)
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now